Hi it’s been a bit since I last posed so hope everyone is ok!

So my 68 Les Paul a.k.a. Betty great guitar, but she wasn’t the guitar I wanted,
I originally was after a 58 VOS reissue or a 59 so I was thinking I'm going to go visit Vintage and Rare guitars in London on the 29th of March as the 28th is my birthday but I have to work (sucks ass I know! especially on my 21st) but I was thinking of swapping her for one of these sweet things...

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Gibson/Electric-Solid-Guitars/item/3688

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Gibson/Electric-Solid-Guitars/item/3589

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Gibson/Electric-Solid-Guitars/item/3689

But there all Chambered and I like the weight of Betty! As she is not chambered I've always preferred a bit of meat on the bone you know what I mean!

Lol

So I was wondering if anyone thinks it's a bad idea? Or could offer some advice?

Cheers everyone!
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
I wouldnt do that. You said yourself, you really dont want a chambered guitar. This is probably also gonna cost you lots of cash and leave you regreting the decision.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Is yours an original 68? And why didn't you get the VOS in the first place?

And I know what you mean about extra meat on the bone, my Tokai's dead heavy and I love it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I don't get it... you don't like the '68, so you want to trade it for an older chambered, but you don't want a chambered. What's wrong with your '68?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
I don't get it... you don't like the '68, so you want to trade it for an older chambered, but you don't want a chambered. What's wrong with your '68?

It's a V.O.S. not a Vintage 68 lol I would be like £10,000 better off.
No it's a really nice guitar but I ended up buying it because no one had a 58/59 V.O.S at the time.

It's a great guitar but I'm not particularly attached to it as I really want a 58 plain top or burst.

I was just wondering what the chambered versions of the 58 and 59 were like as I have never played on one, the thing I love about the 68 is the ridiculous amounts of sustain it has, and I don’t want to lose that.

sorry for not being very clear it's hard to explain your feeling sometimes.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.