ok so we just got a band together and we are trying to think of songs to cover that would sound good with a girl singin we are already doing weezer say it aint so can you think of anymore in the same sort of style
by the way we are quite experienced (im the youngest in the band by ten years and im 24!!) so any suggestions??
i reckon basket case by green day would sound wicked with a girl singer
btw, you posted this in the wrong forum =P
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Quote by leafy
i reckon basket case by green day would sound wicked with a girl singer
btw, you posted this in the wrong forum =P

lol whoops sorry
paramore songs lol
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
paramore, paramore, or you could do some punk covers of pop girl singers. Guns and roses had quite a high pitched singer in axl select songs could be good
Quote by gazcrash182
lol whoops sorry

+1 if you wanna go that way y'all might wanna do "p*ssy power" by iggy pop
um i gta a bit of advice unless the girl singer is awesome, female vocals is a
trust me, iv had sum s***y vocalists, and the female one was the worst, it just doesn't work, it limits what you can do so much, and no Im NOT being sexist

EDIT: IMHO
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by henza_x
I like IM JUST A GIRL by no doubt

very poppy upbeat and fun

yeah i was thinkin bout doin a no doubt cover
Quote by druz15_UG
trust me, iv had sum s***y vocalists, and the female one was the worst, it just doesn't work, it limits what you can do so much, and no Im NOT being sexist

no we are ok she is amazing shes been singin since i was 8!!! and she plays guitar too
Quote by druz15_UG

but its awesome when a female singer is aggresive and pulls it off (ala joan jett)
hammer smashed face ?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by gazcrash182
no we are ok she is amazing shes been singin since i was 8!!! and she plays guitar too

oh cool man good for u, yeah its hard finding one with good vox for like ROCK songs. Everything we played ended up sounding like evanescense
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
oh cool man good for u, yeah its hard finding one with good vox for like ROCK songs. Everything we played ended up sounding like evanescense

lol she has a real grainy voice an shes not afraid to scream lol
Quote by druz15_UG

+ 1... in most cases

smashing pumpkins?
tool?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Quote by druz15_UG

1+
Actually my band had 2 female vocalists (not at the same time), both amazing but it's VERY hard (but doable) to play rock songs with a female vocalists in a band but quite boring because most of the female fronted bands are just bands that only have power chords in their songs...
But i guess you can play stuff with The Cranberries (we did that, and darn they have some very boring songs to play...), A Tout Le Monde with Megadeth?, Evanescence and maybe Arch Enemy if she can growl?

OHH i forgot, some Stone Sour songs would be good like Through Glass.
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Last edited by stebbic at Mar 17, 2008,
Paramore. Fer sure. GnR might also sound good. And perhaps some Coheed.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Coheed and Cambria - A Favor House Atlantic
Radiohead songs
GnR songs
Paramore
All Time Low
And I'd imagine Taking Back Sunday songs to be real good if you have 1 guy and 1 girl singer
Something by The Gossip, like "Standing in the way of Control"
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be good too. "Black Tongue" "Date with the Night" or something.
Janis Joplin would be good.

If she's really that good these should suit her fine.
I don't really get this post. Your singer should choose songs she's passionate about, regardless of the "girly" "I'm just a girl" content. It will sound girly no matter what she sings, trust me. Covering songs you all like and can really get into will sound best. Putting a spin on it by covering even a machismo ladden song would create a new vibe, which is great for covers. Hope this makes sense.

For lolz, though, I have to sugggest Pantera's "This Love".
Just play MOP :P xD would be cool sounding :P

Edit: Write your own songs thats way better
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Bowling For Soup - 1985
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dMmNcT3ouo

Green Day - Waiting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKlD7eooyo

The All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHd3ck6fHBw
And pretty much all songs from the Move Along album.

Or...some songs by female singers.

Hilary Duff - Girl can Rock
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJby1cTYfHw
Preparing this song for my little sister

Avril Lavigne - sk8er Boi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pULa7F1gWZM

Within Temptation - Stand my Ground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0315rB-ojo
Really depends what her voice is like. Maybe some Muse would be cool, or some Radiohead. It she has a more punky voice though, maybe something like The Strokes.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
cheers guys have some ideas now we are writin aswell but you need to chuck a few covers in when you first start out
Quote by Straplocks
I don't really get this post. Your singer should choose songs she's passionate about, regardless of the "girly" "I'm just a girl" content. It will sound girly no matter what she sings, trust me. Covering songs you all like and can really get into will sound best. Putting a spin on it by covering even a machismo ladden song would create a new vibe, which is great for covers. Hope this makes sense.

For lolz, though, I have to sugggest Pantera's "This Love".
This. A million times, this.

You shouldn't do certain songs or a certain genre just because people expect it or just because it's all you think you can do. You should just write whatever you want (or cover whatever you want), and you should make it work for you.

This goes for cover songs twice as much as it goes for songs you write yourself. A cover is always better when it's done by someone a bit different to the original, who has taken the song and changed it (well) to fit them more, rather than when it's just someone trying to duplicate the original.
Evanescence, The Agonist, Arch Enemy. lol
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
i think some zeppelin would be sick with a chick singing. maybe "whole lotta love".
Quote by jucsville
i think some zeppelin would be sick with a chick singing. maybe "whole lotta love".

Yeah, especially that part where he does those orgasm sounds. That would be pretty cool with a girl doing it.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by jucsville

Yeah, Zeppelin is a good idea. Robert Plant is more in the female vocal range anyhow...
Also cranberries?
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal