I have this thing where I'm always worried about stuff running out. I always want to have an abundance of everything. A simple example would be say, making a sandwhich and not help but thinking that the bread or what ever is going to run out. Ofcourse this isn't a big deal, but I've noticed that this "disorder" is affecting my daily life lately. If i have something on during the day at like 5 pm, i feel that I wont have time to do anything before than, so this often prevents me from even going to a mate's house before. I also feel like my childhood is slipping away and I have very little time to have fun and enjoy myself and party.

Anyway, just wondering cause i would like to resolve this problem some how. It's good to get it all out of my head
Anxiety?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeh i get that too, but then I just think of something else and it's over ... yea try thinking of something else
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Probably used to be something small but now its an OCD.
Alot of people have small OCD things here and there..
Wow, I'm actually really not self conciously bout things though. At least i try not to be?
i kinda get that sometimes, like if i HAVE to be somewhere for something or if i'm being picked up to go somewhere, for about 30 minutes beforehand i'll just sit and wait instead of playing uitar/xbox/whatever i was doing before
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Sounds OCD-esque, or could just be you coming to terms with responsibility of adulthood and your impending doom

speaking of OCD, i had an argument with my mate that the main character in catcher in the rye 'holden caulfield' has OCD, he clearly displays signs of it, anyone read it? well neway yeah he disagreed.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i don't think it's OCD...that normally implies that u have the need 2 keep things in pristine order...mayb ur under alot of stress
Quote by domino_92
i don't think it's OCD...that normally implies that u have the need 2 keep things in pristine order...mayb ur under alot of stress

I'm pretty sure OCD presents in a number of different ways.
I'm pretty sure OCD presents in a number of different ways.

+1
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

im 16 and im in school... sumtimes wen im writing i want to keep up with the teacher sumthing, and i unintentially make a mistake or miss a comma or sumthing small like that, i feel the extremely great urge to fix it, as little as it may seem, eventually i thought about it and stopped doing this becoz i sort of, didnt give in to this urge, by not fixing it. stopping sumthhing while its small may have helped

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Yeah with the whole 5 O clock thing, and feeling all the time before that is useless, im in the same boat man.
Quote by domino_92

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Which means you can be obsessively compulsive about anything. Although with alot of people, it is cleanliness. I think I have it to a very small degree.

But it can be anything from only touching things that are certain colours to walking backwards when they see a dog.
^^^ this guy = smart

i kinda had it as a kid, like walking on a tiled pavement, id only step on every 2nd one and stuff, which is VERY OCD, but i stoppd doin it 4 sum reason
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
^^^ this guy = smart

i kinda had it as a kid, like walking on a tiled pavement, id only step on every 2nd one and stuff, which is VERY OCD, but i stoppd doin it 4 sum reason

Yeah I had that too. On the pathways here, they are concrete slabs, about half a meter wide. I could only step on one slab once with either foot, and I could NOT step on the crack between them. I think I stopped it just by not looking at the ground every now and then [which was what I did to make sure I followed my rules]. If I messed up I would have to walk back and make sure I did it properly.

I must have looked pretty weird to anyone watching.
Quote by Ravenwoods
I have this thing where I'm always worried about stuff running out. I always want to have an abundance of everything. A simple example would be say, making a sandwhich and not help but thinking that the bread or what ever is going to run out. Ofcourse this isn't a big deal, but I've noticed that this "disorder" is affecting my daily life lately. If i have something on during the day at like 5 pm, i feel that I wont have time to do anything before than, so this often prevents me from even going to a mate's house before. I also feel like my childhood is slipping away and I have very little time to have fun and enjoy myself and party.

Anyway, just wondering cause i would like to resolve this problem some how. It's good to get it all out of my head

Yeah, that sounds like OCD to me.
The answer is to will yourself into not giving a flying fart about anything. Be the worst, slouchiest, scummiest, lazy git you can be. Allow yourself to run out of things, and when they do run out, just say, 'oh well' and go and get more as and when you need them.
The next step is to self improve yourself back to the level where you're no longer the worst, slouchiest, scummiest, lazy git you can be, but actualy fairly tidy.
You'll probably find that the 'running out of things' problem has disappeared by now.
What others are saying. Simple case of OCD. I've got a weird one where if something happens to one side of my body, I have to do the same to the other. e.g. if I stub my left toe, I have to go back and stub the other one. It's been getting a lot better lately but it still rears its ugly head every once in a while.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Callo
im 16 and im in school... sumtimes wen im writing i want to keep up with the teacher sumthing, and i unintentially make a mistake or miss a comma or sumthing small like that, i feel the extremely great urge to fix it, as little as it may seem, eventually i thought about it and stopped doing this becoz i sort of, didnt give in to this urge, by not fixing it. stopping sumthhing while its small may have helped

That's a little thing we like to call 'punctuation and spelling'. You obviously fixed that urge very well.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by mafropetee
What others are saying. Simple case of OCD. I've got a weird one where if something happens to one side of my body, I have to do the same to the other. e.g. if I stub my left toe, I have to go back and stub the other one. It's been getting a lot better lately but it still rears its ugly head every once in a while.

Hahah I do that. If I turn the tap off with one hand, I have to do it with the other. If i stand on a crack with one foot, i have to do it with the other. And I used to have little routines I would have to do when I was younger. Is it OCD? becuase I'm not sure
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid