Hey guys
I live in Australia and as most of you know we get ripped when it comes to gear here. Anyway my brother is coming through america on his way home and I'm gonna get him to bring me back some pedals. I've chosen the MXR 10 band eq for solo boosts and the maxon od9 for a distorion boost. I think I should get one more just for fun. Like a cool effect like phaser or something. It cant be too expensive though (like under 100 USD) and it has to be purchasable from guitar centre.

So what you guys think, what effect should I get?
I would really like an octave pedal for white stripe kind of solo sound but the pog is real expensive, anything like the pog but cheaper on the market?
Btw I already have a vox wah
Last edited by matt_moonhead at Mar 17, 2008,
get a flanger or sumthing. maybe delay? chorus?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
hey, i think you get either phasers or flangers, one of the two, with an expression, sos yoou can control the "woosh", i've always fancied one of those.
I second the delay. Delay is really good for solos when used right.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
delay's good, maybe a whammy if u got the money? cose its like 5~600 here, and in america its like 300ish or something
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
GET chorus cos chorus is fun

oh you should remember that different power supplies and stuff

cos i got a mate who bought a boss gt8 from LA and he plugged it in and blew up in HIS FACE
whammy or wah... the fun will never end
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by andrew.tran
GET chorus cos chorus is fun

cos i got a mate who bought a boss gt8 from LA and he plugged it in and blew up in HIS FACE

actually?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
ye u gota ask for an aussie adaptor. 240v 50Hz instead of the america 110v 60Hz.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Effects: My favorites are distortion (or drive if you have a good tube amp), chorus, flanger, and a delay.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by andrew.tran

The wrong voltage won't cause a pedal to blow up, it'll fry it and leave behind a nasty burning rubber smell.
I think the funnest pedal is a ring modulator...imo
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by macaroni
ye u gota ask for an aussie adaptor. 240v 50Hz instead of the america 110v 60Hz.

If I get the pedals in America and buy an adapter here in australia. That will be fine right?
and btw Im still thinking I want a phaser, what would you guys suggest out of the small stone and the mxr 90?
What are the differences?
ye go to jaycar or dicksmiths or sumthing, they'll have enough different adaptors that will suit the pedal.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer