Page 1 of 3
Ok, so this is a topic I have been putting off for a while but basically what makes a Band emo? I mean most bands that are commonly refered to as Emo bands sound the same as any other punk or Metal band (Punk & Metal being the 2 types of music commonly refered to as emo).
Also do you think Emo is even a real type of music or is it just branded "Emo" by record companys in an attempt to sell albums?

PS- No flaming please as it was never my intention
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
I can't think of any intelligent reply at the moment, so I'll just go with "lame thread is lame". Ts, this has been done a bazillion times before.
This is not an emo thread I just wanna know why sooooooo many awsome metal bands are branded emo
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
theres a poorly written column on the subject on UG... so we may never know
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by gunners fan
This is not an emo thread I just wanna know why sooooooo many awsome metal bands are branded emo

Like?

zoMFgX AVengedz&7ManiFoldz!!! m3tal!! yeh!!!
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INTELLIGENT ANSWERS & NOT JUST "THIS THREAD SUCKS"!

*edit* Oh wait its the pit I have no chance of an intelligent answer!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Emo girls are sexay!

Theres my input!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by *Juno*
Like?

zoMFgX AVengedz&7ManiFoldz!!! m3tal!! yeh!!!

-Bullet for my valientine
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Well, there have been different waves of emo over the years, each one having its own distinguishable characteristics. Wiki it.
Quote by gunners fan
Ok, so this is a topic I have been putting off for a while but basically what makes a Band emo? I mean most bands that are commonly refered to as Emo bands sound the same as any other punk or Metal band (Punk & Metal being the 2 types of music commonly refered to as emo).
Also do you think Emo is even a real type of music or is it just branded "Emo" by record companys in an attempt to sell albums?

PS- No flaming please as it was never my intention

Well if you wound kinly look at your avatar...
Meh. The jokes arent even funny now.
This thread should die. Soon.
Hurp De Durp
Quote by gunners fan
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....

you call that metal? =/

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
Quote by gunners fan
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....

Saying that you like Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold or Trivium in the pit is like holding a transparent with "Flame me. Oh please please FLAME ME!" written on it.

EDIT: I don't mean to be a troll and I don't want to force my oppinion upon others, but these bands SUCK THE FAT ASS.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by gunners fan
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....

Do not take this as bashing you for listening to the bands, because I'm not trying to... I listen to Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold on occassion. But those bands are really metal. They could be considered on the virge of it, maybe even parts of the "lesser" side of metal. But in no way are they really in the "circle of metal".
Quote by TheQuailman
Saying that you like Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold or Trivium in the pit is like holding a transparent with "Flame me. Oh please please FLAME ME!" written on it.

They are all ****ing awsome musicians no matter what the **** anyone says!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan

Calm down... haha. Sure, people are going to say they suck, because it's not their cup of tea. They are talented musicians, just not very metal. Plus in comparison to a lot of other musicians, they have much less talent. Just for the fact that there are a lot of REALLY good bands out there.
Emo = Scene + depression + razorblade + bullets - colors.

For the definition of scene, check out the scene thread somewhere around in the pit.
Quote by gunners fan
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....

trivium isnt emo, atleast mot their ascendancy album.

The term emo refers to bands like my chemical romance H.I.M and all that crap.
basically the crap kids nowadays like.Technicly emo is a dumb term as it is reference to emotional, all music = emotion. However i feel it deals more into whether a band is just angsty and the sound and writing is wrote in a manner in which angsty teens could campare to.

hopefully the trend doesn't last.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by gunners fan

That is your oppinion and it's perfectly fine. But using something as controverse(sp?) as bands to prove your point won't get you anywhere. There are no facts to be considered about music styles, just points of view.
Quote by gunners fan
-Avenged sevenfold
-Trivium
-Behind crimson eyes
-Drowning Pool

Shall I go on?....

Please do and go and post this in the metal forum, because not a single one of those bands are metal
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Calm down... haha. Sure, people are going to say they suck, because it's not their cup of tea. They are talented musicians, just not very metal. Plus in comparison to a lot of other musicians, they have much less talent. Just for the fact that there are a lot of REALLY good bands out there.

Oh my god! was that an intelligent comment in the pit? is that even possible?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by *Juno*
Please do and go and post this in the metal forum, because not a single one of those bands are metal

no they aren't that for sure, some are not emo as well.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by gunners fan
Oh my god! was that an intelligent comment in the pit? is that even possible?

ohhh ok so min wasn't intelligible too.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
Quote by drakenshadow
no they aren't that for sure, some are not emo as well.

Yes, I never considered Avenged Sevenfold and Tivium to be emo.
Quote by *Juno*

PLEASE EXPLAIN!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by drakenshadow
ohhh ok so min wasn't intelligible too.

Yes it was but it was posted while I was posting it! my bad!
Quote by Spoony_Bard

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
Quote by thebassmaster

WTF!?
Quote by Spoony_Bard

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?

They are my definitions of emo!

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
Quote by thebassmaster
Emo girls are sexay!

Theres my input!

Point taken!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan

BAAWWWWWW

Getting a bit defensive there

And that Last girl looks like she caught herpes from Optimus Prime
Page 1 of 3