I am goin to have one of my guitars set up for c standard all the time, am going to change the strings to 11's from 9's and then just drop the tunning. is there anything else i will need to adjust to get a good set up.
When I set up my guitar to D standard it needed a little truss rod adjusting as for the intonation....no.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Adjust the intonation and possibly the action, since you're going to a thinner gauge. Make sure the thinner strings aren't moving around too much in your nut's grooves or in the bridge saddles as well. Only adjust the truss rod if you notice any change in the neck.

Seriously though, I think you should stick with your 11s for a tuning that low - it could get really loose.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Adjust the intonation and possibly the action, since you're going to a thinner gauge. Make sure the thinner strings aren't moving around too much in your nut's grooves or in the bridge saddles as well. Only adjust the truss rod if you notice any change in the neck.

Seriously though, I think you should stick with your 11s for a tuning that low - it could get really loose.

He said to 11's from 9's. I thought he said he was going to a thinner gauge at first too.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Whoops. In that case, still adjust intonation and action, but make sure the grooves are wide enough that they are sitting firmly in the nut/saddles.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
sorry to hjack the thread but i have the same situation. i want to keep my Epihpone les Paul inC standard ( i tried it for about an hour and really liked it but tuned it back to E just in case) but i dont know **** about adjusting the truss rod or anything. I dont want to take it to a lutheir because i got it set up like a month ago and it cost me 45 dollars.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)