yeah, i cant afford a real pa right now so im thinkin about getting a Behringer EURORACK UB1202 and then running that into my old stereo rack.

the way i plan to hook it up is just get banana adapters for the 1/4" stereo outs and then unplug the cassettee deck or cd deck (one of the auxiliary decks) and then run the bananas into their.

so i have a couple of questions
1) should this work?
2) will the sound be manipulated any (more bass, more treble, etc.)
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
yea, they locked it and told me to post it in here
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak

Quote by Shib
I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Though it depends on two things.
1. Are the speakers active or passive? (easiest way to find out is that active speakers need a power supply additional to the audio line)
2. If the speakers aren't active, does you cd/tape deck have a preamp? (If its got a preamp, it'll run on AC power)

If your speakers are passive and your tape deck doesn't have a preamp, you'll need to buy an external preamp.
If your speakers are active or your deck has a preamp, it should work fine... Though if the sound is not loud enough, the preamp is probably not powerful enough and you'ld hafta hook up an external preamp between the deck and speakers.

The sound quality will depend on your speakers, preamp and deck.
If you've got an EQ on your deck, then you should be able to adjust the bass, mids, treble and all...
Or else it'll mostly be your speakers that'll determine the sound characteristics.
no, the speakers are passive
yes, theres a preamp

ill probably borrow a mixer from someone and run it through one afternoon to see if it sounds good
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak

Quote by Shib