Hello all

After seeing a bunch of pictures of bands onstage, I couldn't help but notice that they always have the stage mostly covered in fancy carpets. Ok, I can understand a mat under the drums, but what are these carpets used for?

Example:
Better grip so you don't slip? That's the best I can think of really.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
grip. My band also runs leads going to pedal boards & the leads going to the soundguy under them, so we dont trip.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
grip. My band also runs leads going to pedal boards & the leads going to the soundguy under them, so we dont trip.

This is the primary reason I've used them in the past. I've also used them with large velcro strips to secure mic stands, and so that things with casters don't roll around.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Grip I imagine, as said already, and also so you don't get the slightly dodgy acoustics of playing on a flat, solid surface.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Grip I imagine, as said already, and also so you don't get the slightly dodgy acoustics of playing on a flat, solid surface.

It's always in larger clubs and theater-sized areas that they have carpets. In larger halls, they play on bare-floored stages. How come? Not enough carpets?
So you don't trip.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic