Hey,
After I pick up my other necessary guitar-related items (mainly an attenuator), I plan on getting an EQ pedal.
Anyways, I was just wondering if there was a huge difference between a Danelectro Fish 'N Chips and say, a MXR or Boss?
Is the Dano alot noisier than the others? I don't care much about bypass since i'm probably never gonna have it off. The extra bands of the MXR 10 band doesn't really matter either, i'd mainly use the EQ to boost the mids.
So, since i'm a budget minded person, is the Danelectro THAT much worse than the others which cost twice as much?

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're boosting any frequencis, then you'll want a reasonably good EQ otherwis you'll get loads of noise.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I had a fish n chips, it wasn't bad for manipulating tone but it's boost was nigh. I traded it for a DOD 7 band eq (still not high grade but a bit better) and there was a noticeable diffrence. The DOD put out alot more juice.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I really don't need too much of a boost, just to shape my sound a bit more.
But, alright.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I use a Fish 'n Chips with my Twin Reverb. It's a great boost, especailly for $30. I find it quiet and relativly transparent. Frankly, I wouldn't leave it on all the time, just because I get a lot of use out of it as a footswitchable boost, but that's your call.
Alright. Because i'm a pretty frugal guitarist, and I don't want to pay 100-odd bucks when I could get something which is just a little worse for 30 bucks.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
You should be fine with the Dano EQ. Some people will say it's cheaper so there's going to be a lot of unwanted noise... that's BS. If your setup is quiet as it is, then you won't have to worry about the EQ producing and/or boosting unwanted noise.
My Fish & Chips EQ is actually surprisingly quiet. There's a little noise, not nearly as much as you'd expect, and it's a great value pedal. Get it.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Hey Dark... My Dano is pretty quiet.. I keep it on all the time (Use it on my Trayno in the FX loop)

Being made out of plastic I am a little worried about breaking it (maybe an unfounded worry) So I dont step on it at all. It gets turned on with the amp and off with the amp.

Strangely I havent used it with the Blackheart yet...
Mine is also quiet. I think the amps benefit most if it is run in the effects loop.
^Yeah, that's what I was thinking, throwing it in the loop.
I may have an EQ in my signal chain, then toss a BBE Sonic Stomp in the effects loop. I tried one out with nearly my exact same setup and I loved it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't mean to thread jack, but would the Dano be good for a solo boost? Not nessicarily give me more gain, but boost my volume for my solos?
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192
I don't mean to thread jack, but would the Dano be good for a solo boost? Not nessicarily give me more gain, but boost my volume for my solos?

yah it would be fine. just boos your mids ( 400 and 800 hrtz) and turn up the volume a but on the pedal and you have a nice solo boost
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
No problem
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yah it would be fine. just boos your mids ( 400 and 800 hrtz) and turn up the volume a but on the pedal and you have a nice solo boost

+1, just for the reccord, I do the same.