Page 1 of 2
Anyone know of any way of getting game time over the net without dropping cash. IDK like surveys or something of that sort... you know legal. I'm just broke and sick of free servers. Whats the point of 70 if their are no instances/everyone else on the server is 70?
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
I sold my account thank god..Ive been off it for half a year...never looked back...ditch it.
Meh more of a boredom thing. Bass consumes my life.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
WoW is fun.. life sucks so much that WoW provides you with an alternative life. Thats how I see it. Is it Wise playing WoW? Probably not.. but it's all some people have.
Quote by Feischti
I sold my account thank god..Ive been off it for half a year...never looked back...ditch it.

+1

Screw WoW, it stole so many years of my life that I will never get back.
I have not been playing since November ..but I am buying a laptop on thursday and playing it. I just can't take life anymore. I hate it so much. I am so depressed.. at least WoW numbs the pain and even if it is pretend.. I'd rather believe a lie than the harsh reality of this world.
u mean WoW is all social retards haves. theres no point in playing it unless ur like a pro a get paid 4 it, in south korea they let this dude ditch military service cuz he was like on one of the best WoW teams so the military said if he played on there WoW team thats all he had to do
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Do anything else
Drive nails through wood
Go kick mole hills
Plant some trees
Whack your dick against a table
But for the love of god

Don't play WoW.

Man, I remember the time when I played MMORPGs like Runescape.
Yeah, they were cool.

Until I hit puberty.
Quote by tm1776
I have not been playing since November ..but I am buying a laptop on thursday and playing it. I just can't take life anymore. I hate it so much. I am so depressed.. at least WoW numbs the pain and even if it is pretend.. I'd rather believe a lie than the harsh reality of this world.

... facepalm.

Yes, WoW 'numbs the pain' of life. You're hilarious.

And you rather believe a lie? So you believe that WoW is real and the world is not? Brava.
Quote by Taoistic_Beer
Do anything else
Drive nails through wood
Go kick mole hills
Plant some trees
Whack your dick against a table
But for the love of god

Don't play WoW.

Man, I remember the time when I played MMORPGs like Runescape.
Yeah, they were cool.

Until I hit puberty.

+a million.
WoW can make you feel like its real. A lot of people who play WoW play it nearly every spare second they have. I quit and I subsituted it for the Guiatar but the Guitar doesn't keep you as occupied as long as WoW does. And the numb pain thing isnt that hillairous. Think about it..it may be cold confort..but its still confort..and if your playing WoW your not thinking about how much you hate living.
Has anyone else here had to perform an intervention and make a friend give up WoW? I saved the life of a housemate who was totally addicted.
Quote by tm1776
WoW can make you feel like its real. A lot of people who play WoW play it nearly every spare second they have. I quit and I subsituted it for the Guiatar but the Guitar doesn't keep you as occupied as long as WoW does. And the numb pain thing isnt that hillairous. Think about it..it may be cold confort..but its still confort..and if your playing WoW your not thinking about how much you hate living.

Alternatively, you could just stop hating being alive. Ever thought of that?
Quote by smb
Has anyone else here had to perform an intervention and make a friend give up WoW? I saved the life of a housemate who was totally addicted.

I tried throwing out my friend's WoW discs. He beat me unconscious.

Lesson: Never f*ck with a guy three inches taller than you. Especially if he plays WoW.
Quote by Time Seller
I tried throwing out my friend's WoW discs. He beat me unconscious.

Lesson: Never f*ck with a guy three inches taller than you. Especially if he plays WoW.

I climbed in his window, uninstalled it from his computer (including expansion pack, updates, all that crap) and stole the disks and then hid in my room while he freaked out. Hilarious.
Quote by Time Seller
Alternatively, you could just stop hating being alive. Ever thought of that?

Haha trust me I've tried.. it's not that easy.. Why do you think I've not played WoW for so long. To see if my life would improve without it..and it hasnt. Not even a little. All I have to show for my lack of WoW playing is being able to play a few songs on the guitar. I just don't think WoW is the big bad addicting game everyone says it is. It's really up to the induvidual. The game is fun..and if you abuse it, its your own fault.
Well, all I can say is that WoW IS addictive. As most other MMORPGS are. I was hooked to Ragnarok Online and I thoroughly regret that addiction now. Ah well. At least it didn't make me use up money. I stopped when it stopped being a free-to-play game.
even though I can never imagine myself becoming addicted to WoW, I somehow want to try it out ... :s I probably shouldn't lol
Quote by gigi666
even though I can never imagine myself becoming addicted to WoW, I somehow want to try it out ... :s I probably shouldn't lol

Ever played Diablo, kid?

That's about it. Only you pay and scream on vent like an ape.
All of you dissing wow about being such a time sink etc need to learn to control yourself. It's a great deal of fun if you play it casually with a bunch of friends only when you're bored.

Edit: To someone who was thinking about starting wow. It's not really worth it uneless you're going to playing together with some RL friends.
Quote by Taoistic_Beer
Ever played Diablo, kid?

Reminds me of the German kid video.

Quote by Naem
All of you dissing wow about being such a time sink etc need to learn to control yourself. It's a great deal of fun if you play it casually with a bunch of friends only when you're bored.

The point is that most people can't 'control themselves'. If we all could, no one would be bothered about dissing WoW, as you deem it.
Last edited by Time Seller at Mar 17, 2008,
My old Roomate in college used to play that every night until like 4am. It was ridiculous. Not to mention he kept stealin my dip while he would stay up.
Quote by tm1776

That's baaaaaaad. That you haven't been playing that long and gone back to it.

My dad and two brothers play it. It's sad coming home from work seeing them all on their own computers talking about it. Makes me cringe.

I used to play it (too much), then realised what a waste of time it is. Yes it's fun, and an escape from reality but it doesn't last forever. And when you do finally quit you'll realise what a waste of time it all was.

Playing in moderation is fine, but 90% of WoWers are hardcore.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Time Seller
More people flock to our cause. This is good.

Funny, actually. The main post was asking about getting WoW without paying.

Oh I forgot about that....

So to the op. I think there's a way to play wow free on live servers. Go check mmowned.com and do some searching.

Playing in moderation is fine, but 90% of WoWers are hardcore.

That's a lie. Less than 10% of wow players are hardcore.
Last edited by Naem at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by smb
I climbed in his window, uninstalled it from his computer (including expansion pack, updates, all that crap) and stole the disks and then hid in my room while he freaked out. Hilarious.

Lol nice. Back in my WoW days 4 of the 6 of us played it. The other 2 hated it.

There was one guy in our group who was really addicted. I mean he'd buy gold.

He knew he was addicted though and so we all got his discs and smashed them up. He never sold his character though, I did and got £80

It was a blast but our A level exams suffered and so did our social lives, but I have no regrets, I'm glad I'm passed it and have moved on.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by Time Seller
Wow. Your family has been sucked into the evil world of warcraft. I pity you.

+1 to everything you said. It's hard to play in moderation.

Yeah bother brothers have tried quitting. They can't even quit their guilds (they don't know the people in real life). It's so sad.

I saw one of them levelling about their 8th character and said "cmon haven't you done that enough" and he replied "it's just to mess aroudn with". I look back a week later and he's lvl40 something and tryign for 70.

The other one's going to uni this autumn, and I asked him hows he gonna cope without WoW and he said he's taking it with him.

Ah it's so sad it's funny.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by Taoistic_Beer
Ever played Diablo, kid?

kid? you're not even in the legal age to drink
Quote by gigi666
kid? you're not even in the legal age to drink

Sorry, it's just that once I hit 16 I still feel old.

Plus there's this rocking chair in the garden.
Page 1 of 2