hey i figured the pit chats about general crap lol so hey why not have a boxing thread?

So anyone looking forward to the Calzaghe hopkins fight??

I am and i rekon that Joe is gunne beat the hell outta him and get a wide decision
Now reformed after extended ban!

Gaye for Haye
i like boxing, watching it that is, i wish when i was younger i started learning, its a good method of self defence and there is actually alot of skill involved

and yes, i reckon joe will win too
Hopefully Hopkins will get KO'd cause he's a douchebag.

I won't be watching though since i don't have sentanta sports.
Calzage, hopkins fight is the biggest joke in boxing, its only happening for the money. Hopkins was the king he dosn't need this fight neither does Calzage. Beating Kessler was a very good win for him so I guess he can do whatever know. That division is cleaned up
Quote by slidething31
what i really want to see is a Wladimir Klitshcko v. Samuel Peter rematch.

They havnt fought yet?

Wasn't it his brother who beat sam peter?
Quote by slidething31
when is that fight

The fight is on April 19th.

About Klitscko, no it was Wlad who beat Peter-not his big bro Vitali. But at the time Peter was..green and he did put Wlad down three times. Although two were rabbit shots. I would like that rematch but it will not happen as Vitali is going to fight him an di think Vitali will win. And insedentaly the Klitschko brothers have promised their mother that they will never fight.

Gaye for Haye
Quote by Blue145
They havnt fought yet?

Wasn't it his brother who beat sam peter?

They did fight already. Thats why i said rematch. Peter knocked Klitschko down a couple times, but Klitschko ended up winning every other round and the fight.

Peter just took a championship belt off Sultan Ibragimov and looked pretty tough.
I think Peter might be the toughest competition around for Klitschko right now.
Quote by 98789
The fight is on April 19th.

About Klitscko, no it was Wlad who beat Peter-not his big bro Vitali. But at the time Peter was..green and he did put Wlad down three times. Although two were rabbit shots. I would like that rematch but it will not happen as Vitali is going to fight him an di think Vitali will win. And insedentaly the Klitschko brothers have promised their mother that they will never fight.

Ah right, never really may to much attention to that division tbh. Pleased bristish boxing is on the way back up. David Haye looks back to his best before he got beat, dunno about his stamina but he can sure punch.
Quote by slidething31
They did fight already. Thats why i said rematch. Peter knocked Klitschko down a couple times, but Klitschko ended up winning every other round and the fight.

Peter just took a championship belt off Sultan Ibragimov and looked pretty tough.
I think Peter might be the toughest competition around for Klitschko right now.

Sam peter just looks fat to me. Never seen him fight how does he move? The division needs some action.
I like boxing, I rarely done it when I was younger, I do it more now that im older, my favourite things to box are books as they are boxed easil....oh.
Quote by Blue145
Sam peter just looks fat to me. Never seen him fight how does he move? The division needs some action.

Other than Wlad Klitschko i think he is the best in the division, quite possibly.

Also, I meant to say that he took a belt off Oleg Maskaev. He knocked the crap out of him.

Wlad was the one who recently beat Ibragimov.
Quote by Blue145
Ah right, never really may to much attention to that division tbh. Pleased bristish boxing is on the way back up. David Haye looks back to his best before he got beat, dunno about his stamina but he can sure punch.

I should hope that his stamina is good have you seen the videos of the training he does? For his bout against polish heavyweight Tomasz Bonin (39-1 at time of fight) David did a lot of running with a former olympic sprinting and used a lot of advanced technology to build muscles in all parts of his body to strenthen himself all over.

And to slidething31 , it was Oleg Maskaev that Sam Peters beat for the title. he own by a 6th round KO in a fight that was pretty bad, Sam was havibg trouble with an arthritic 39 year ols that had been knocked out 5 times previously lol

Gaye for Haye
I haven't watched boxing in years. I think the way the sport is so disorganized, plus the introduction of MMA into the quasi-mainstream, have definitely hurt it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I haven't watched boxing in years. I think the way the sport is so disorganized, plus the introduction of MMA into the quasi-mainstream, have definitely hurt it.

Agreed

Too many weight classes in boxing.
Too many weight classes, too many organizations. Right now there are something like 4 heavyweight champions.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by im_hungry
Agreed

Too many weight classes in boxing.

The PPV numbers are still butchering thise of UFC and other MMA companies lol

WAR BOXING!

Gaye for Haye
Quote by 98789
The PPV numbers are still butchering thise of UFC and other MMA companies lol

Individual fights have pulled in big numbers. The problem with boxing is (1) these types of fights don't happen often enough, and (2) the undercard fights are usually between nobodies. Compare, for example, the numbers that the UFC Fight Night Live on Spike TV gets vs. the numbers that ESPN's Friday Night Fights puts up - the UFC is still building its brand and has fought a lot of obstacles to get as popular as it is, whereas boxing has been popular for over 100 years in the US but is facing a dwindling time in its history because of piss-poor management and a smaller available talent pool.
WAR BOXING!

Go back to Sherdog
Hi, I'm Peter
Cant wait till Maywheather fights the Big Show or has it already happened? Its totally stupid, I wonder what they'll do to make it fake..
Quote by Dirk Gently
Go back to Sherdog

Where?

I never heard of the place, lol.

Gaye for Haye
Quote by 98789
Where?

I never heard of the place, lol.

Oh. It's another forum, but they say crap like that. It's annoying. "WAR" this and "WAR" that.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Oh. It's another forum, but they say crap like that. It's annoying. "WAR" this and "WAR" that.

Oh right. I have never even heard of the place until like, 5 minutes ago lol.Yeah some guys put it on some other site i use but i just put it as a joke like lol. Yeah, you rpoint about ESPN is correct however IMO ESPN is to boxing as McDonalds is to fine cuisine. they generally have a lot of very badly mismatched fights on there so your just watching journeymen getting beat up by young hungry prospect really lol.

Gaye for Haye
I can't wait for the Calzaghe Hopkins fight, even though I know that Calzaghe will knock him the **** out. Also can't wait for Hatton Lazcano, hope Hatton destroys him.
Hoping Calzaghe will win obviously.

It's hard to follow boxing nowday, too many organizations etc. Mainly only follow the big fights and Khan fights.