Does anyone else find it annoying when your trying to play a song,
but you have tune your guitar to a certain sound, like DADGBd for example,
and then when your done you have to tune it again, wtf?! its soo annoying, well, for me anyway.
get a guitar for each tuning
Fallen Into the Abyss of indignity, Doubt Does Not exist Or Dome Into Being Ignominious and Pale
Quote by Nekrofagist
get a guitar for each tuning

dat wud cost far too much lol
i don't find it annoying, if you learn the theory behind tuning, then you can easily teach yourself to be a ble to get into any drop tuning you want/need

by the way, Dadgbd is the one of the easiest ones, its double drop D

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by SmarterChild
Don't play songs where you need a weird tuning then.

I suppose, but i really wanted to learn that song iris by the goo goo dolls, ah well, i suppose its not dat important
dat wud cost far too much lol
well then, suck it up and get used to tuning then. get a tuning head winder string thing, if you think it'll help.
Quote by jonnyf
Does anyone else find it annoying when your trying to play a song,
but you have tune your guitar to a certain sound, like DADGBd for example,
and then when your done you have to tune it again, wtf?! its soo annoying, well, for me anyway.

To be fair, it doesnt take that long with a tuning like that, just do octaves from the D. Its more annoying when you have a really obtuse tuning, and you have to count the frets to see which one the string corresponds to.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Its annoying but you must get used to it if yu cant buy a guitar for each tuning lol :P
i think that TS should just shut up, to be honest.

stop typing like "dat."
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by ozzynator
Its annoying but you must get used to it if yu cant buy a guitar for each tuning lol :P

yup, your unfortunately right, guitar is sooo much harder to play than i thought, its all worth it though :P
either learn to tune ur guitar,, or set a tuning for each set you play,, say the first set is standard tuning, next set is half step down next set is dropped d and so forth. there are ways to make it easier for urself and the band that you play with...
Quote by jayrhox
either learn to tune ur guitar,, or set a tuning for each set you play,, say the first set is standard tuning, next set is half step down next set is dropped d and so forth. there are ways to make it easier for urself and the band that you play with...

yeah i know how to tune my guitar, i was just saying its annoying to have to re-tune it for just one song, but i get what your saying, im not in a band either lol.
Quote by :-D
Why exactly did you make a thread about this?

Besides, I'd rather tune my guitar a few times than continue reading puke-green text.

Why did you bother replying to it?
If you dont wanna read it , then dont!
I replied so that maybe it would indicate to you that these kinds of threads really don't belong in this forum; that way, we could avoid a similar thread in the future.
Quote by :-D
I replied so that maybe it would indicate to you that these kinds of threads really don't belong in this forum; that way, we could avoid a similar thread in the future.

yeah , i agree that it was kind of pointless, but i did get other opinions on tuning so it was kind of helpful anyway. I like the colour of my writing :P