The 2008 models have different pickups that can be coil split.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
EMGs don't let you coil-tap them, if you really want to coil-tap, you'll have to find another pickup.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
the EMG 89 is the tapable one sounds like either an EMG 85 humbucker or an SA single coil, the old model had an 85 which is not coil tapable
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
the EMG 89 is the tapable one sounds like either an EMG 85 humbucker or an SA single coil, the old model had an 85 which is not coil tapable

damn we wont get them in the UK for months
Quote by opticon
EMGs don't let you coil-tap them, if you really want to coil-tap, you'll have to find another pickup.

Wrong.

Both the 81TW and the 89 that come in the 2008 Hellraisers are coil-splittable.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
EMG 89, EMG 81TW, and EMG707TW can all be split. The 81TW and 707TW are new for this year.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i have a hellraiser fr that doesn't coil split, hell its not like it makes a whole lot of difference anyway. btw that devil spine looks ****ing sweet