Right, im looking for a left handed electric guitar but can't find anything i like as its hard to find a decent guitar in lefty.

Looking to spend around £250 - £350 but would go higher if i really like the guitar.

I play stuff like hendrix, Joe satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, G n r, and rock in general.

I like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani's signature guitars but doesn't seem to be any in lefty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
im not sure if you can afford it but look at a FENDER LONESTAR
they seem really good for the price
and plus what kinda amp do you have cause if you dont have a descent amp your really limited
o crappers you said left handed
i guese a fender stratocastor standard will do fine and down the line like in 2-3 years upgrade the pickups or the hardware and youll have a phenominal guitar
Last edited by the-kid66(2) at Mar 17, 2008,
thanks. Looks pretty good. i have a fender strat though so im trying to steer away from fenders haha
Quote by moominman2
that looks good.

haha, i was thinking about that. would make it so much easier

what looks good?
i dont know man its hard to say you seem to have a perfectly good guitar but i bet your looking for something faster. If you are take a look at the Epiphone Customs Les Paul body
really nice necks and does mofos and pick ups aint half that bad on the dirty channel but on the clean its strictly for struming until you get bettor pickups, like i said on the dirty channel this guitar plays like butter.
oh and sorry i hate to sound AMERICAN but how much does that translate in US dollars if you happpen to know?
the guitar someone suggested
yeah, i like my strat but like you said i am after something faster which has a thinner neck etc.
Thanks, ill check it out.
haha, i think its around $600 or $700 but would go higher

Thanks
the neck i mentioned is about as fast as you can get and as slim too so i imagine youll like alot, dont try any of the Low end Ginbson stuff its just horrible even at 1200 bucks.
plus its a bit heavier so its will sound alot diffrent than your fender not bettor just diffrent darker, depper, heavy good for those Slashesq tones and just fits like a glove for MEtal
nice. Could you post a link to a site that sells these? Cant seem to find any haha
yah sure sorry for taking so long
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-LeftHanded-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-?sku=518559
take a look youll be surprised how beautiful this thing looks im pretty sure it comes in red and white as well but he black is just to die for i think youll have to order it to play it since its a lefty but most stores have 30 day return policy and if you dont like it you could always just take it back before those 30 days like i sayd the pick ups are alright but the one that really sings is the neck pick up, if you got any extra money i just suggest you buy a bridge pick up like a Dirty Fingers or a PAF GIBSON pup to make it sound vintage
I got an RG1570 and it's quite versatile. I really like it.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Yep the RG1570L is your best bet for those styles as you'll need a floating trem?

Getting a left handed Mirror JEM built for me by Legra Guitars but your looking at £1200+ for that. Really the only bad things on a nicely set up RG1570 are the pickups and imo the paintjobs. Of course a pickup swap can be easily done later.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Save up more money and buy an Ernie Ball Music Man. Fastest neck ever and they are accommodating to us lefties!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
I'd look at Shecter and ESP they have alot of lefty models just check there sites. I'm kind of regreting my purchase of an RG1570.....It sounds good and plays great but that floyd isnt worth the trouble.......
I have a Lefty Ibanez 1570..w/ EMG's, I really like it, Im going to get a c7 Hellraiser next probally, thats in your price range.

Watch ebay, see what pops up, I saw a ESP USA Custom shop and the rest is history
Quote by Osiris77
I'd look at Shecter and ESP they have alot of lefty models just check there sites. I'm kind of regreting my purchase of an RG1570.....It sounds good and plays great but that floyd isnt worth the trouble.......

I'm finding it does go out of tune a bit, you need to get the bridge parallel to the exact millimetre. I love natural harmonic dives though so I really like the Floyd.

Why don't you like it?
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby