When I play slap guitar my shoulder starts to ache after a little while. Anybody know if this is an actual problem or is it because i just started really trying it?
Get used to it

haha, ok then.

is it your picking shoulder? If so, you're tensing your arm up. Try sitting in classical position, that gets rid of a lot of tension in my picking arm.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
haha, ok then.

is it your picking shoulder? If so, you're tensing your arm up. Try sitting in classical position, that gets rid of a lot of tension in my picking arm.

+1 You would be amazed how much classical position can help.
for slap style?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Psychedelico
for slap style?

For anything and everything; it allows much greater reach with the fretting hand and feels much more like playing standing up for both hands, if you ever plan on playing for other people I'd recommend practicing in the classical position.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You shouldn't be moving your above your wrist abnormally playing slap guitar. For me, slap is a 100% wrist technique. My shoulder never hurt learning it...neither did my wrist, or any other part of my right hand for that matter other than my thumb, which develops a callus after awhile.
Last edited by theodds at Mar 18, 2008,
really?

i'll try that
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
For anything and everything; it allows much greater reach with the fretting hand and feels much more like playing standing up for both hands, if you ever plan on playing for other people I'd recommend practicing in the classical position.

I'd recommend practicing standing up.
It feels even MORE like playing standing up!!
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I'd recommend practicing standing up.
It feels even MORE like playing standing up!!

On the other hand there are those of us who don't constantly have a strap on all of their guitars and who want to sit and do other things at the same time...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
On the other hand there are those of us who don't constantly have a strap on all of their guitars and who want to sit and do other things at the same time...

What else are you going to be doing if you're practicing?
Playing a video game?

Anyway, I was just pointing out that if you want to feel like you're standing up, then practice standing up.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
What else are you going to be doing if you're practicing?
Playing a video game?

Anyway, I was just pointing out that if you want to feel like you're standing up, then practice standing up.

Watching a movie, being on teh internetz sometimes. I practice while doing a lot of stuff. Sometimes I walk around with my guitar .
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
Watching a movie, being on teh internetz sometimes. I practice while doing a lot of stuff. Sometimes I walk around with my guitar .

me too
Sometimes I walk around with my guitar

then you probably have a strap on it...
Unless you use your entire arm ( which you shouldn't be doing) to slap and pop, then it's not attributed to guitar. The only thing that should be hurting is the side of your thumb ( that's what I used to slap).
hue
^when you slap and pop on a guitar like you would on a bass.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you