So yeah...
I've been sitting on a pile of riffs (and I do mean a PILE!!!) Of riffs and sections of songs. Enough to make two albums, one progressive rock, one some type of metal, I dunno, we'll let the listeners decide which. But for some reason I can't put it all together. I have tons of music written but no words, I wanted to get the music totaly together before I do any words. So what do you people do to get past that last little mental road block to pull everything together? I tried whiskey but that was counter productive......didn't see that one coming!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I like to bring together the similar riffs into something that kind of resembles a full song then adjust as need be. I you have the means to record and put it all together it gives you a different perspective on the song, most likely what the listener is going to hear and that will make it easier for you. As far as the album goes do the same thing. put together the similar stuff and change it where you feel it needs to be changed and get other peoples opinions as you go. With progressive songs I find that its harder to just sit down and write them. You need to jam them out. Hope it all helps
that does help, thank you!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!