So anyway, I'm a bedroom guitarist with about two years of playing experience and I am quickly outgrowing my Spider 3. My ideal mythical amp would be:

A 30 watt tube, with high gain, headphone jack, line out, effects loop and reverb.

I've got a max budget of around $700.

Consider the fact that I don't plan on gigging and I don't need earth shattering volume. I do want I nice high gain tone, think Arch Enemy, Symphony X, Nevermore and Necrophagist.

So I need to make some compromises. So far I'm thinking of the following options.

Valveking combo, with new speakers and OD pedal.

Blackheart combo with OD pedal.

Flextone SS amp.

Roland Cube 60 SS amp.

Bugera 333xl Combo.

Bugera 333xl head with 2x12 cab.

My preference is to buy new and not fool with used. Suggestions?

Thanks.
The Flextone is one of THE best SS Amp's, It's cover anything well, not perfect, but very well.
Blackhearts are quite nice too like, do 'some' high gain well, not others.
Bugera's I've not had experience with.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
30w tube? for a bedroom amp? Dude, 15 watts is really pushin it if you are playing with other ppl in the same house. If you definitely don't plan on gigging, I would get the valveking or maybe even a roland cube.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey
30w tube? for a bedroom amp? Dude, 15 watts is really pushin it if you are playing with other ppl in the same house. If you definitely don't plan on gigging, I would get the valveking or maybe even a roland cube.

Well, the Valveking is 50 watts. LOL The Cube is an option, I wonder how it compares to the Flextone. Thanks for the replys so far guys.
Quote by rhettro
Well, the Valveking is 50 watts. LOL The Cube is an option, I wonder how it compares to the Flextone. Thanks for the replys so far guys.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking about the epi valve junior LOL, my bad.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I'd say it's between the Flextone and the Cube. The Flextone is gonna give you a lot more options, but IMO the Cube sounds better overall. They are both great amps though, so go to the local music shop and play them for yourself.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by USAPeavey
Wow thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking about the epi valve junior LOL, my bad.

Ah, I've heard good things abut the valve junior as well.
Quote by mafropetee
I'd say it's between the Flextone and the Cube. The Flextone is gonna give you a lot more options, but IMO the Cube sounds better overall. They are both great amps though, so go to the local music shop and play them for yourself.

I'm definately going to try out the Cube. I think the Cube plus a digital delay would give me most of what I would want from a Flextone. I just hadn't heard what people thought sounded better. Some even say the Flextone sounds better than the Valveking. But I wonder if say a 15 watt tube like the Blackheart and an overdrive pedal would sound better.
Quote by mafropetee

The Cube sounds better than the Flextone? I can't agree there.
Actually, I think the Krank Rev Jr. would be good for you. It's 20 watts tube, has a single 12" speaker, and is $700. Not to mention both Arch Enemy and Nevermore have used Kranks before.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Actually, I think the Krank Rev Jr. would be good for you. It's 20 watts tube, has a single 12" speaker, and is $700. Not to mention both Arch Enemy and Nevermore have used Kranks before.

I'll seek out some sound clips. Thanks.
Yeah, I listened to some clips at the Krank site. Not bad. Not bad at all.