I'm trying to get the deepest tone I possibly can out of my bass for a dub track, does anyone know if boosting the 50hz on my EQ pedal to the max, setting the 120 to about half, cutting everything else, boosting the bass and cutting the terbel on my basses active EQ could damage my amp in the long run? (the EQ on my amp is flat if that helps).

The sound it's giving out makes my house shake but I don't really want to have to shell out for a new amp if it blows.
Depends on the amp and speakers. With your setup, you should be fine, I think. I wouldn't push the amp beyond it's means, though. You'll be able to tell when your amp has had enough.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Think I may have to have a bit of a rethink, it sounds fine, but then when I switch the EQ pedal off the speaker sounds a bit loose for a few seconds
If your amp has an active input, use that input. If it also has a Pre Gain knob, turn that down a tad.

The only danger is over loading the preamp and frying that.

Tbh, i think youll be okay.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Yeh, the VU on the amp isn't going anywhere near the red. Don't think I'l risk it though, can't really afford to buy a new speaker every time I want to record something, shame there's no such thing as a 30 inch speaker cab that can run off 180 watts
Quote by faultyy
Yeh, the VU on the amp isn't going anywhere near the red. Don't think I'l risk it though, can't really afford to buy a new speaker every time I want to record something, shame there's no such thing as a 30 inch speaker cab that can run off 180 watts
you might get better results and save your amp by turning the volume down,the neck pickup up and experiment with close miking.
First off, if you're having your preamp flat, you're OK. It's the preamp that makes the biggest difference. EQing before the preamp is more of a 'timbre changer' than an actual EQ changer. You won't get a really dubby tone with a flat EQ like that. However, the signal coming through the preamp will be wooly (if not distorted to absolute high hell).

Also, I don't know where people are getting this "you'll fry the preamp" nonsense. You can seriously damage your amp if you feed it too much signal - watch your POWER AMP distortion. THAT is the one that's going to blow. However, with a flat EQ, that really won't happen unless you start slapping and popping with the volume full out.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..