Page 1 of 2
Who are some people who have really inspired you to be who you are, play guitar the way you do, overcome things, etc?

For me, it would Tiger Woods, and John Frusciante. Tiger because he overcame things like diversity to become one of the greatest athletes of our time. John Frusciante, because his guitar playing has greatly influenced mine.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by geluidsterroris
srv

+1
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
John Frusciante more that anyone else. Gotta love a bit of john.

I find him inspirational for his singing as well as guitaring.
John Petrucci for his amazing guitar skills that inspire me to no end.
The guy from Pink Floyd whos name eludes me, (embarassingly) for makin me think outside the box.
Lance Armstrong, for showing that no matter what u want to do, u can overcome any hurdle, (he had cancer, fought through it, and one the Tour De France 7 times in a row, the race is seen as the hardest physical race on the planet)

yeah./
PSN: Noverion
Sarah Dessen inspired me to write.
Moments into minutes.
Minutes into hours.
Hours into days.
Days into years.
Years into possibility.

This will linger.
xxx
dave gilmour?
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
dave gilmour?

nope, roger waters wrote the wall.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
nope, roger waters wrote the wall.

mhmm. but dave made it into a decent album with the playing. anyway 'the guy from pink floyd' could have been either of them. granted waters was pretty damn talented though
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
My Best friend and my sister. They encourage me to do my best
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
My year ten English teacher (when I was 15, for the idiots who seem to think school years match age over here) was an awesome bloke who introduced me to poetry and philosophy. He was intelligent and didn't take crap from his class, and his toddler son had died the year before he became my teacher, and it was amazing just what a great guy he was despite it. He was the bloke who inspired me to aim towards teaching english as a career, and it's the job path I've not wavered from since.

Plus he played bass. He was just pretty damn awesome.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Rob Marcello definitely. Whenever I hear/see him play, I just want to pick up my guitar and rock the fuck out.
Well one of my friends taught me not to take everything for face value and helped me get into literature which I will be eternally greatful for. I don't see him much these days but I'm much happier as a person because of him.

Kurt Vonnegut's books really got me into thinking differently too.
Influenced my playing - Jimi Hendrix, Frusciante, John Petrucci (not really, but someone showing that routines and practicing without giving up delivers in the long run), Tim Skold, Jimmy Page

Deeper stuff - Frusciante. Just reading about his life experiences is inspiring.
John Butler was a major inspiration for after I listened to the song Ocean.
The playing is just amazing, and I am finally getting that song somewhat down. (It will still take lots of practice though.)

And the Metallica boys because of their bad attitude.
John Frusciante because he has just really shaped the way I play guitar. Tom Morello because he has shown how to have a complete disregard for the guitar. And Matt Bellamy because he's great.
Arnold Schwarzenegger. Not because I'm a body builder or anything, but just how he accomplished his dreams and has really met all his goals in life.
We're only strays.
Marty Friedman

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I can't think of his name right now, but the guy who was hiking in utah, got pinned in a canyon by a boulder, sat there for a week with no food, and then cut his own arm off with a swiss army knife so he could escape. Erin Ralston? I don't know his name....
My dad. He's the man.

Edit: Almost forgot. Mordechaj Anielewicz. Leader of the Warsaw ghetto uprising.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by FOCOrock
I can't think of his name right now, but the guy who was hiking in utah, got pinned in a canyon by a boulder, sat there for a week with no food, and then cut his own arm off with a swiss army knife so he could escape. Erin Ralston? I don't know his name....

Yeah me to, that inspired me to become a sushi chef.

*rimshot*
We're only strays.
Władysław Szpilman

For managing to survive World War II, Writing a memoir so people can see what he suffered and he is one of the best pianist I've ever heard
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Angus and Malcolm Young
Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
John Petrucci will always be an inspiration for me, it's something that'll never end.

Steve Vai has inspired me both musically and in life...his quotes are so original and inspiring with full of soul. He gave the example of looking of the positive sides of life.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
LES CLAYPOOL

he taught me that the bass doesnt have to be played normally for it to sound good.
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Well I'm going to sound like a fanboy but I really don't care... Pantera's music helped me a lot. I used to get bullied and pushed around a lot, then I started to listen to them and it helped me start to stand up for myself more.

Also, my uncle. He always told me I should either be an artist of some sort or a doctor. Right now I'm leaning more twords the art side.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Tom morello has probably inspired me the most in music and generally, partly because he's greatly influenced my guitar playing, but also because of his political activism, e.g. axis of justice.
Quote by StaggHound
That's the problem with kids today. No upper body strength.
Back in my day, when you smashed a guitar, it stayed smashed.

Cunning Pikes

The one and only member of the Cunning Pike Club.

seriously, i could always relate to his problems... he was the friend i never had when i was a kid (we were always moving so i really never did have friends..)

Jaco Pastorius

This is the man that inspired me to play Jazz. He overcame a LOT to make his music, and he's well known as one of the greatest bassists ever. He completely changed the way that bass was played. And he did this all while suffering through serious drug addiction problems, and was even, at a time, homeless.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Xiaoxi
Marty Friedman

Him and Jason and Yngwie will always inspire me
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
My guitar teacher! Made me who i am as a musician/classical guitarist. Hes got me through all these exams, and passed on all his own tips and tricks. Encouraged me to take a-level music, and promised to follow me through each stage.
without him, i probably wouldn't be as motivated as i am now.
In Playing:
Jerry Cantrell
My Friend Jeremy (he plays guitar)
Randy Strohmeyer.

In life:
God.
My dad always encourages me.
My mom helps me out.

yeah you know...
Page 1 of 2