Thinking of stopping up to watch it.

I just wanted to know if it's good because I don't want to stop up and watch it then realise it's a load of ****.
Whats the best alien?

I was hoping for a thread like this so I could ask
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
it's not a terrible film, no where near as good as the first 2 but what can you expect from a film that was basically completly changed due to adding ripley back in

Quote by Mental-lica
Whats the best alien?

you want suspense, Alien

Action, Aliens

Contrived last minute plot with stock characters+suspense, alien3

Contrived last minute plot with stock characters+suspense, alien resurrection
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by Mental-lica
Whats the best alien?

Either the original or ressurection for me.
aliens is the best of the four. 1 good, 2 best, 3 meh and 4 worthless
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Quote by Mental-lica
Whats the best alien?

I'd say Aliens. So many of them beautiful cuddly pets. And Queeny is in it too. Hmmm yeah, thats a MILF right there. All that saliva.........
Thanks my dad says Aliens is best... He just bought the trilogy and ive never seen it. Im gonna watch Alien today most likely.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Did Resurrection need to be made? No.
Did the Xenomorphs look better than the lame CGI one used throughout 3? Absolutely.

As a huge fan of the series, I just don't see why people hurt on 4 so much. AVP was alot worse imo and Res' had some cool visuals. Besides if not for it, there wouldn't be the awesome "kill me" homage in the Towelie episode of South Park .

That aside, Aliens is the by far the best of the series. GAME OVER MAN!
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
Did Resurrection need to be made? No.
Did the Xenomorphs look better than the lame CGI one used throughout 3? Absolutely.

As a huge fan of the series, I just don't see why people hurt on 4 so much. AVP was alot worse imo and Res' had some cool visuals. Besides if not for it, there wouldn't be the awesome "kill me" homage in the Towelie episode of South Park .

That aside, Aliens is the by far the best of the series. GAME OVER MAN!

just because it looks better than 3 doesnt mean it's a good movie, it just means it's a medicore film that looks better than a shitty one
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Maybe I'm just sour grapes about because I prefer puppetry over CGI sometimes. I agree, plot and script wise there is no comparison.

On the subject of James Cameron, where is he at now? Last I heard he did that Jesus thing and other than that I've seen nothing from him since Titanic.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
3 was ok. Make sure to watch the director's cut, as it's supposed to be better.

It was nowhere near as good as the first two, but I'll give props to the makers for having the guts not to make Aliens 2 instead.

Resurrection was awful.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Kyle Gass
Alien and Aliens are the only DECENT alien movies. Alien by Scott Ripley Was ON point and paved the way for scifi horror, as for Aliens, one of the FEW sequels thats up to par with its predecessor, by James Cameron. after that...... CRAPPPPPP

You mean Ridley Scott?

Alien and Aliens were great IMO, 3 was crap. I don't know why they went with that story line, they could've done anything, literally ANYTHING and they chose that garbage? I understand they were trying to get back to the feel of the original but it was uber phail.

4 was really unnecessary. It was ok as a straight out action film, but obviously an attempt at a cash in by flogging a dead horse.

AVP? not even gonna start of that steaming pile of poo.
Quote by Brandon860
Maybe I'm just sour grapes about because I prefer puppetry over CGI sometimes. I agree, plot and script wise there is no comparison.

On the subject of James Cameron, where is he at now? Last I heard he did that Jesus thing and other than that I've seen nothing from him since Titanic.

"James Cameron is directing and producing Battle Angel, a live-action adaption of the first three volumes of the manga series.[4] Cameron has plans to make a trilogy if the first film is successful. Alita will be a CG character performed by an actress. Filming will be made with the new digital 3D system Cameron has developed for Avatar, and will also include new devices for interacting between actors, director and the digital characters and environments, such as a real time virtual camera and virtual retinal display technology (VRD). Just like Avatar this movie will be marketed and distributed by 20th Century Fox worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_%28film%29

2 3d movies ... go cameron?

Quote by freedoms_stain
You mean Ridley Scott?

Alien and Aliens were great IMO, 3 was crap. I don't know why they went with that story line, they could've done anything, literally ANYTHING and they chose that garbage? I understand they were trying to get back to the feel of the original but it was uber phail.

4 was really unnecessary. It was ok as a straight out action film, but obviously an attempt at a cash in by flogging a dead horse.

as far as i can remember Weaver didnt really want to be in alien 3 so the story was going to be about hicks, newt and bishop instead but the script was rewritten (a lot something like 20-30 complete drafts not edits) when Weaver came back and eventually they decided to kill off newt bishop and hicks and just focus on ripley again
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Last edited by tommyt at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by freedoms_stain
You mean Ridley Scott?

At least the actress was nice enough to fill Ripleys shoes again.
I personally liked 3. The first and second movies are still the best, but I think 3 and 4 are nowhere near as bad as people say. IMO Alien 3 had some pretty cool scenes, like the attack in the medical room. I thought the ending seen was pretty good to. And Resurrection was kinda freaky and out there, not to mention it had some parts that I thought they could have tried harder on, but like someone posted before it had some cool visuals. I'd almost say its flavored more like a concept work as opposed to the other realist movies in the series. Plus it has that one actor with the huge chin that I like lol.
We're only strays.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You mean Ridley Scott?

HAHA, yeah my b, had a customer at my desk named scott ripley, and his name was stuck in my head. Good Catch
Quote by paul_brownell
aliens is the best of the four. 1 good, 2 best, 3 meh and 4 worthless
Nail on head right there.