Hi all,

After my last topic, I bought the Cort KX5 I found in Cash Converters - £84 and it's less than two years old! Pretty good condition too. First and foremost it's a modding guitar, but I've run into a snag already with the MotherBucker pickups.
While trying it out, I flicked the pickup selector from bridge to neck and back, but there seems to be no difference in the sound. On my Squier and my Ibanez, flicking to the neck pup usually gives a more bassy tone (much more pronounced on my Squier, as all the pickups are the same), but all three positions sound like the bridge pickup. Also, switching to the middle setting should fire both pickups together, but there is no increase in volume, and again, no change in sound. I've palm-muted in front of the bridge pickup and changed pups but no change.
The coil tap switch on the tone pot works, but again, all three positions sound like the bridge and flicking to the middle position doesn't cancel the hum even though two coils are active. The guitar seems to have identical bridge and neck MotherBuckers, but this is silly.
What I'm asking is, is there any way I can test if the wiring's OK? I've taken off the cavity cover, but the mass of wires inside is difficult to navigate cos of the coil tap. I've isolated the wires for each humbucker, but I don't have a clue which wire does what.
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the KX5, or maybe some way to test what goes where? I have a multimeter to test the pickups, but I don't know what I'm doing! Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Lol, I just answered my own question - I ran a magnet over the pickups while the amp was plugged in and listened for the signal changes through the speaker. Turns out the pickup switch does work OK, even the coil tap is fine, although either the previous owner (or more likely me ) managed to reverse the pickup switch, so towards the bridge does the neck pickup. Oops. Oh well, problem solved.

Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000