Ok I just got guitar rig 3 with out the rig kontroller. I also bought a 1/4in to1/8in adapter so i can plug it into the mic port... Where do i go from here?
plug in the guitar to the mic port, run guitar rig, and start playing ..
Quote by z3pchick
plug in the guitar to the mic port, run guitar rig, and start playing ..

Tried that... It doesnt work. My fault for not establishing this earlier.

Quote by Silky Smooth
Use this driver
http://www.asio4all.com/

Plug into the soundcards line in, then tweak the driver until you get tone without crackles and pops and you're good to go.

Will give it a shot... Just want to note - I do not have a line in on my notebook.
Ok i got it plugged into a line in on a desktop... still nothing... is there a setting i should be messing with or an option i should be selecting?
Make sure line in is selected in volume control in windows under record, mute it on the playback side so you don't hear the clean signal going to the card.

The ASIO drivers should work great on the desktop, just load it up and make sure everything else is closed that uses sound.
I got it working on the notebook but it sounds like garbage... as for the desktop still no dice... Line in is checked and still nothing... it makes either a high pitched squeal or clicking like the predator but no sign that its getting a signal from the guitar.
You'll need a decent external soundcard designed for guitar, or similar level applictions.

Moral of the story: You should have just bought a controller.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Rig Kontroller - Close to $300... External Sound Card... $50...

Getting it to work with onboard sound and proving that you do not need a sound card or the controller - Priceless.

Moral of the story... You do not need the controller or a sound card if your onboard soundchip is good enough.
Tweak the ASIO4ALL drivers man

I had a junk on board sound and could get it down to 20ms without any pops. Keep tweaking and you'll get it!
Quote by Silky Smooth
Tweak the ASIO4ALL drivers man

I had a junk on board sound and could get it down to 20ms without any pops. Keep tweaking and you'll get it!

I kno its different for everyone but how do you have your settings???

buffer size:
buffer offset
latency:

And after changing the settings each time, you have to close and open the off-line settings program everytime?
GEAR
Ibanez GAX-70
Palomino v8
Crybaby 535q
Bad Monkey

Palomino
If you have a built-in soundcard that sucks, that's the problem.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by shaunmood

Moral of the story... You do not need the controller or a sound card if your onboard soundchip is good enough.

Unless you have a pretty good soundcard its gonna struggle.
asio4all worked magic for me, or get a usb interace if that doesn't do anything
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by flydude
I kno its different for everyone but how do you have your settings???

buffer size:
buffer offset
latency:

And after changing the settings each time, you have to close and open the off-line settings program everytime?

Adjust the ASIO settings within whatever program your using.

GRIII has an option for it in the program
Quote by shaunmood

Getting it to work with onboard sound and proving that you do not need a sound card or the controller - Priceless.

And this thread proves that you do not have a good enough onboard soundcard, so you have already phailed. Nice try at being a smartass though, but really, have a look at your own thread first.

Your never going to get a sound worth using by using this technique. Believe me, I tried it for 3 months back at school. Congratulations on wasting your money
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by shaunmood

And this thread proves that you do not have a good enough onboards soundcard, so you have already phailed. Nice try at being a smartass though, but really, have a look at your own thread first.

Your never going to get a sound worth using by using this technique. Believe me, I tried it for 3 months back at school. Congratulations on wasting your money
Quote by kyrreca
Well being that i established I went from a notebook to a desktop shows that you dont pay much attention to detail.

And who said anything about spending money? I dont buy programs pal.

And who in there right mind would use a school computer for any type of high end computer needs. Thats like trying out crysis at the library. My desktop isnt something to gaff at.

But the onboard sounds actually great with the asio driver. Ill post up a demo for everyone soon. Cool Edit should do the trick right?
Hey everyone, Im new to guitar rig 3 and am without the footcontroller as well as my style dont equate to the 300 it costs,lol

But i have a emachine 3000+, 2.2GHZ, 2gigs of memory, and my sound card is a Soundblaster Live! 24bit & i have all drivers updated

I cannot get the ASIO driver thing to work as with any adjustment on it didnt pick up anything on guitar rig and it wouldnt play thru the pc clean

I have to go to directsound to get it to work and when i do that it sounds like people are on fire and its super delayed.

I believe i have everything hooked up right on the pc side of things as ive tried different options but can anyone look at this and tell me what route to go?

Thanks
Quote by shaunmood

This post contains infinite amounts of fail. Using internal sound cards will never give you decent results. FFS - you could just get a small interface or even a stealthplug which is like 50 bucks.
EDIT: To the guy above me - "sounds like people on fire" . This is the result of your computer trying to catch up to the audio signal. Increase your latency (which sucks, yes). That is because Soundblaster cards are notoriously bad for audio recording.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by GenocidalTheory
Even the x-fi?, i have gotten some positive feedback on it

Yes, they are not designed for recording applications and are consquently not very good at them. Creative soundcards are more oriented towards gaming/home theater/playback of audio.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
This post contains infinite amounts of fail. Using internal sound cards will never give you decent results. FFS - you could just get a small interface or even a stealthplug which is like 50 bucks.
EDIT: To the guy above me - "sounds like people on fire" . This is the result of your computer trying to catch up to the audio signal. Increase your latency (which sucks, yes). That is because Soundblaster cards are notoriously bad for audio recording.

the bolded part is bullshit you can get amazingly good internal soundcards that are designed for recording.

but yeah TS, you need an audio interface, period.

Quote by Silky Smooth
Yep ASIO works for just about everything

Even the worst cards
'

it will help somewhat with latency, you still won't make anything sound good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 11, 2009,
ok with the specs i posted what would you recommend?, i dont wanna pay out the ass though & really outside of soundblaster stuff have no clue what else is out their =/

Thanks
whats your budget? http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Alpha-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245507 this is the cheapest one I would personally consider, but if you are willing to spend about $150 or so you can do a good bit better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 12, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the bolded part is bullshit you can get amazingly good internal soundcards that are designed for recording.

No ****, sherlock. I wasn't talking about professional cards that come with breakout boxes and whatnot. I was reffering to the likes of that which TS is trying to use. I am more than sure that he doesn't have a $10k Digidesign installed in his computer.
EDIT: Here's a very good cheap interface. http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-AudioBox-USB?sku=243007

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Mar 12, 2009,
Same deal. I wasn't referring to things of that nature, but rather to TS's Soundblaster. I apologize for soudning like a douche. Have a cupcake:

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Cmon guys no need to start a pit over a soundcard =)

Ok ive reviewed all the links you guys put up here and thanks as i appreciate that but of course my noob ass still has some questions,lol

ok a general question about all these cards, Is the software that comes with it needed for it to work with gr3? as i just want to be able to plug in the card, plug in my axe, turn on gr3 and play =).

Let me explain what i will be doing with GR3, I plug it in strum away & anything that sounds good i record to take to band practice for the drummer to come up with a beat 2, I wont be doing any professional recording or anything along those lines.

and with all this said are these still my options?

Thanks Again!