I'm just wondering if this would be good as a first tube amp? I play mainly metal but also a bit (only a bit) of classic rock as well as (trying to) shred. I heard the amp has decent cleans and killer distortion modeled after the Peavey 5150, is this true? Is the combo version really 120 watts all tube? How can it be so cheap then?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_6262_212.htm
How can it only cost 577 €? It seems a bit strange to be honest, who would ever even need 120 watts of full tube? Or am I just being stupid?
Would this amp be good for death and thrash metal? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not able to try it out so if I plan to buy it, I'll have to trust your words and the reviews I find online.
Ive heard good things about it though its said to be unreliable. Its made using cheap parts hence the low price.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by _DeX_
Ive heard good things about it though its said to be unreliable. Its made using cheap parts hence the low price.

Would a peavey 5150 II combo be a better choice then? What is really the difference between the 5150 II and the 6505+, are they the same amp basically?
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Would a peavey 5150 II combo be a better choice then? What is really the difference between the 5150 II and the 6505+, are they the same amp basically?

5150=6505 and 5150 II=6505+, same amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Any more opinions on the amp? I heard its not really reliable but I think I might buy it because it sounds so awesome. I don't play in a band yet, but that might change. I would probably be playing with this amp in the basement so I would be able to crank it a bit (not that much though). I could always buy an attenuator though, couldn't I? And I assume its pretty heavy, because its a 120 watt tube combo?
120 watt tube is a LOUD amp.

30 watt is enough to gig with. i don't think you'd be able to crank 120 watts unless you had a house in the middle of the wilderness. and really good ear protection.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
120 watt tube is a LOUD amp.

30 watt is enough to gig with. i don't think you'd be able to crank 120 watts unless you had a house in the middle of the wilderness. and really good ear protection.

Yeah, but with an attenuator though
What is the difference between the Bugera 6260 and the 6262?
^
6260 = 6505.
6262 = 6505+

pretty sure that's right
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Last week I was about to make the same choice, but I'm glad I didn't. After reading all the great reviews telling how great the sound was, I read a lot of stories of caps blowing up. I think a Valveking or Windsor with OD is a better choice for your budget. I bought an Orange Tiny Terror which can do both thrash and metalcore, but not death metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Last week I was about to make the same choice, but I'm glad I didn't. After reading all the great reviews telling how great the sound was, I read a lot of stories of caps blowing up. I think a Valveking or Windsor with OD is a better choice for your budget. I bought an Orange Tiny Terror which can do both thrash and metalcore, but not death metal.

Do you have any links to these stories? Are you sure they didn't just get lemons? I'm not sure...should I wait and see if this starts to happen to lots of people? But then on the other hand, if I wait for too long the prices will probably rise by quite a lot.
Right now I'm thinking of this Bugera or a 5150 II/6505+ combo (they cost a hell lot more than the Bugera though and thats why I was originally planning on buying it)...