Are there any volume pedals out there that are true bypass for about $100 or are they all going to be $150+
^ whats the difference between the passive and Active, do you necessarily need the Active pedal if you have an Active instrument, or how will it effect the sound?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
A passive volume pedal doesn't require batteries or an adapter, while an active volume pedal does. There's really not much of a difference on sound.
So if I have a guitar with Active pick-ups and a passive Vol pedal it should just sound the same only I dont need a power adapt? Or should I just get the Active to be safe?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Quote by EndOfNothing656
So if I have a guitar with Active pick-ups and a passive Vol pedal it should just sound the same only I dont need a power adapt? Or should I just get the Active to be safe?

A passive volume pedal would work perfectly fine. You won't have to worry about an extra adapter for it.
Jesus, what idiot designs an active volume pedal?

Just get a cheap passive one. They don't have a bypass and all they are is a glorified volume pot in a box, so they all have the same function.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
No. There are countless musicians that use EB volume pedals, many of which use two or three in their rig.
Quote by MrCarrot
Jesus, what idiot designs an active volume pedal?

Just get a cheap passive one. They don't have a bypass and all they are is a glorified volume pot in a box, so they all have the same function.

Most professional guitar players use an active volume. Reason being: Much more pronounced volume swell. Like your volume pot on your guitar. A cheap pedal will take away tone. Not rocket science you get what you pay for.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
Most professional guitar players use an active volume. Reason being: Much more pronounced volume swell. Like your volume pot on your guitar. A cheap pedal will take away tone. Not rocket science you get what you pay for.
bah, a volume pedal is just a voltage divider in a box, I can't seriously imagine an active one being better than a passive one, provided the passive one uses a 1M pot or something more sensible like that.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by modernp

This is actually almost funny. A passive volume pedal IS THE SAME THING as a volume pot on your guitar, it's just downstream a bit. The price difference between them is simply an issue of how durable the case is, the lifespan of the pot itself, and how much you're willing to pay for certain brand names.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Do any of you guys use a powered effects loop or a preamp before your signal chain. Just for once I'd like to see someone go read what the differnce is before spouting off about things they don't know. They did teach you people how to read didn't they?
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd