Hi,

I'm looking for a 2x12 cabinet and I'd like to hear your comparisons between framus 2x12/ harley benton 2x12 and carvin 2x12 cabinets. Both framus and carvin are the same price, harley benton being $150 cheaper. So which one to buy to go with an ADA MP-1 preamp(still looking for a power amp)?

Thanks
I've only played a Carvin Legacy 2x12 out of the cabs you listed. They're loaded with Celestion V30's, have a very tight sound to them, and handle low end very well rather than getting flabby like some cabs. I used to use an ADA Mod4 MkII MP1, Carvin poweramp, and Carvin Legacy cab, sounded great! I used to have clips, if I can find them I'll send them to you.
with a preamp like that, you're not going to want alot of coloring to your sound. i would go with the framus. Carvins make excellent 2X12 cabs, but they tend to make all amp heads sound the same
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Quote by SeanHart213
Carvins make excellent 2X12 cabs, but they tend to make all amp heads sound the same

Where did you get that idea from?
Quote by Guitarmiester
Where did you get that idea from?

from playing through a couple. haven't played any newer carvins though.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
the Legacy cab, no doubt. it's $350 and loaded with Vintage 30's. it's an easy pick.

I have heard some quality problems with them, and others swearing they're built like a rock. unless you live in Cali, you'll have to take a shot in the dark on it. but for the price, why not? I would grab one if I had the cash. heck, I might do so in a month or so.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!