Okay so I have VOX AD30VT as an amp (30 watts) but since I use multi effects pedal sometimes when I raise the volume at fullest to be able to play with drums the amp starts to shake A LOT (it's mainly because of the high effects and bass) and it starts to burn (it starts to get hot and it smells like it's burning).

I don't wnat to **** up my amp, so I need another equipment that isn't another amp that's bigger, but an extension that I will be able to plug my amp to that extension amp (is it called pre-amp, sorry I don't know) so I can get a louder volume without having to raise my Vox to the fullest and end up burning the heck out of it.
Can I buy something that is adaptable to my Vox? What do you call those types of amps where you have a connector that comes from your amp?

Thanks a bunch.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Your amp just can't take that much input without flubbing out the speaker and frying it's little circuts. You need a new amp.
i used to have the exact same problem, exactl same amp, i actually got lucky and found an old peavey stereo chorus at a yard sale for about 200 dollars, then i could plug the vox line out jack into the poweramp of the peavey, so if you can find somethign that is a poweramp/speaker combo, like even a cheap PA system , i think it would work for you
Best Temporary Option:
put your amp on a stand of some sort, so its closer to your ears. it will be much much easier to hear.

Best Long Term Option:
bite the bullet and buy a new amp. this is the correct answer to most amp related problems.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Is it still possible to get a power amp to boost the volume? And by the way, how much would it boost my volume?

I also can't waste too much money, about 300 bucks at most...So I can't really buy a new amp which would be bigger to be able to handle my heavy effects.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Are you telling me you play a bass through that?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Are you telling me you play a bass through that?

No, some of my effects seem to carry some more bass EQ than mid and high to make them sound more powerful, if I turn the bass down until it stops vibrating, the tone will sound like sh4t
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!

BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

$300 new. its 80 watts solid state, which will definitely get you over a drummer. its not a dream amp, but i do think they sound great for all solid state circuitry. i dont know about using the preamp (which gives most of your tone) on the Vox with this amp though, i'm pretty sure the direct out on the Vox uses cabinet emulation which sounds like crap through a real cabinet.

i still recommend the amp. also, there will surely be other amps in this price range that will get you over a drummer and 'handle your effects'.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Last edited by FLNagle at Mar 17, 2008,
Your Vox is shaking because it's built like crap and can't handle the vibration of the speaker. It smells like it's burning as it's running (maybe too) hot. My advice is to disconnect the main speaker and put it through a 4x12 cab and see if it makes much difference. If not, time for a new amp.
Quote by FLNagle
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

$300 new. its 80 watts solid state, which will definitely get you over a drummer. its not a dream amp, but i do think they sound great for all solid state circuitry. i dont know about using the preamp (which gives most of your tone) on the Vox with this amp though, i'm pretty sure the direct out on the Vox uses cabinet emulation which sounds like crap through a real cabinet.

i still recommend the amp. also, there will surely be other amps in this price range that will get you over a drummer and 'handle your effects'.

+1. Sell your vox, while your at it. That should get you halfway to the transtube, assuming you haven't caught the Vox on fire by now.