I always thought it was synth. Could be wrong though, but it really doesn't sound like a guitar with effects... there is another solo in the song which is a guitar solo for sure.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
do you mean the sound around 1:20 in the song?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
do you mean the sound around 1:20 in the song?

Yeah exactly. And also the sound of the solo around 2:10, 1:00 and more. The two different solo sounds sound almost the same but not really.
Quote by VikingMetalhead
Yeah exactly. And also the sound of the solo around 2:10, 1:00 and more. The two different solo sounds sound almost the same but not really.

Yeah it's a keyboard.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Thanks
On all GUITAR-solos on Jester Race, the guitar sounds original. I don't know if it's Jesper Strömblad or Björn, but you can hear the pick, so it's definitely a guitar. Now, I wanna know how he gets that sound? It sounds a bit like the keyboard, like if you would mix a guitar and that keyboard. Is it about settings on the Peavey 5150 he uses (I think he used a 5150 back then as well), or is it any special effect?
You know, keyboards can have a sharp attack that sounds like a pick too. Or it could be doubled keyboard AND guitar. I don't think you can get any synth-sounds out of a 5150. It could be a guitar synth and a midi pickup tho.

Note: I haven't heard the solos, just basing this on your post.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah I know, but on my last reply I asked what effects he uses on solos on other songs, because I read your link, and I've already read that in the album booklet, but this means that keyboards are only used on Wayfaerer, which means the other solos has got to be guitar... but no one seems to really know, maybe I should ask it on some In Flames forums instead. Well, thanks anyway!