Page 1 of 2
So I was in jazz band up until recently. I liked it, but I had to quit for the stupidest reason.

Every time i'd bring my guitar to school, i'd leave it in a teacher's office. Even though that seems like the safest place to leave something like that, whenever I would pick it up, I could tell that someone was messing with it. One of the clasps would be undone, little accessories wouldn't be in the right slots, ect. And it seriously pissed me off, because who knows what some stranger could be doing to my guitar?

Anyway, I quit jazz band after I got my guitar back one day and it had a good sized nick on the back.

Similar experiences?
Sigh.

This one time I lent my guitar my cousin, when I got it back the neck was half green!

GREEN.

Not strictly related. But IT WAS BRIGHT GREEN.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Sigh.

This one time I lent my guitar my cousin, when I got it back the neck was half green!

GREEN.

Not strictly related. But IT WAS BRIGHT GREEN.

Are your cousin's hands composed of fake gold?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Well, every time I've brought my guitar to school, I've either carried it with me to class, or left it in the band room in the band teacher's office.
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
I seriously don't know.

It was a Squier though. But still... BRIGHT GREEN.

^ pics or it didn't happen.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
I think I've brought my guitar to school once, but all that happened was annoying people asking me to play it.
Maybe the teacher was messing with your guitar?
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Nothing bad happens to it, I lock it in the music room.
But these kids Josh, Brendan, and Eric are ALWAYS bugging me to bring it.

I've brought it like... 4 times, and they're always asking me to bring it so they can "jam" with me. They both play drums (ha), but they only know ONE beat... ONE... and they think they're good.

They also think I'm a god. That's not bragging, it's effing annoying. I'm not even that good.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I lock my guitar case
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yea im in jazz too and ill leave my bass in the band storage room and i had a strap broke and almost every day for a week my bass would be out of tune when i would pick it up

get a lock for your case then no one but you will get in it
I don't bring it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I take my guitar to school once in a while just for ****s and giggles. But my case has a lock on it so it's all cool
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I gave my landlord permission to fix a plumbing problem I was having when I wasn't there.
When I got home I seen that somebody was messin with my guitar, they put it back on the rack backwards. Can't say I did that. My guitar was in my bedroom nowhere near the bathroom.
Pissed me right off
I just carry it with me so I know people aren't messing with my guitar, it's the only way to be truly safe.
Quote by renegade2031
^ pics or it didn't happen.

what he sed
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Yngwi3
I lock my guitar case

same here 2 many twats in my school
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Of all the things I could lie about, why the hell would I lie about this?! Who the hell makes up a story about a green guitar neck?!

I mean, from the front, there's not a scratch on it.

But then... ARGH.

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Of all the things I could lie about, why the hell would I lie about this?! Who the hell makes up a story about a green guitar neck?!

I see no green..
Quote by mynamesedson
I see no green..

I see green.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH

I mean, from the front, there's not a scratch on it.

But then... ARGH.

lol pwnt!

I take my guitar in twice a week, now it has messed up my guitar case
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
It's green I tell you!

GREEN.

sir i just see a light brown no bright green.

NO BRIGHT GREEN
Quote by mynamesedson

NO BRIGHT GREEN

It's greener in real life, I can assure you.

I CAN ASSURE YOU.

GREEN.
Quote by mynamesedson

NO BRIGHT GREEN

i think it's strange enough to be classed as green
water might have somehow gotten on it and not wiped off

is jazz band hard?

is the sheet music tab or normal sheet music with clefs and quarter notes?
im homeschooled, so i dont have any 'take my guitar to school' stories.
but i have a couple funny ones anyways.
so i have two lessons a week (guitar lessons...)
one on thursday, and the other on tuesday. anywho, so on thursdays i have to go down to the city early, so im carrying my guitar with me all day during the summer and deep winter. ive heard way too many horror stories to leave my baby in the car (neck thru/set necks coming unglued. finishes bubbling. etc etc).
so anyways, its sometime in the summer. and i had to go get some new socks, so mom drops me off at the mall and i go looking for suitable socks. as im looking for the right size in some store. this random guy that smells like feet comes up. and he's all like "so do you play?" "what kind is it?" "can i play it?" "you in a band?" "need a drummer" "wanna jam sometime?".
and im like "dude, piss off." so he kinda looks at me like i just slapped him. and goes in a whiney girly voice "but maaaaaan, i just wanna touch it. my axe is just one of those ****ty PRS guitars." then he proceeds to walk off hanging his head.

this other time i was carrying my danelectro from a lesson to a pizza place down the road. and since i didnt have a case for it at the time, i just slung it over my shoulder by the strap. so some guys in a bright green miata pull up to the stoplight as im going to cross the street. and the guy in the passenger seat leans out of the window and goes "do you play?" so im like "erm, yeah?" and he says "well in that case, your competition for our band!" and hawks a oyster on the face of my dano! bastard...
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Well i usualy just put my fender press bass behindlike everyone else's guitars and stuff so it acts like a shield. Also sometimesget the big fc off double bass but usuay its okay in the music storeage room. You do now and then know someone or something as disturbed it.
Aww man I took my guitar to school one day an when i got it backthere was a huge scratch in it I never took it to school again.

TAKE THAT TAX PAYERS
Somebody broke the imput jack on my amp yesterday.

I wasn't happy.

Now I have to plug it in from the back... and all the cpu components are exposed, posing a real danger to the amp and to anyone near it because it says do not open on the casing while the amp is on to prevent electric shock.
hue
Quote by MRavioli
water might have somehow gotten on it and not wiped off

is jazz band hard?

is the sheet music tab or normal sheet music with clefs and quarter notes?

I believe you've just answered your own question.
Quote by shattamakar

It may be green, but it matters not. It's only a ****ty telecaster.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
My friends Epiphone Les Paul worth £400 was stolen from the music cupboard at our school at some point which kinda sucks. The worst thing was it wasn't even in a case or even a gig bag which i guess is his fault.
I don't like taking any of my guitars into school mainly because i am ultra-paranoid and also due to my friends guitar being stolen im very apprehensive.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Nobody ever touched my stuff, but I am the kid of arse hole who would forget his guitar, see a case, see if it's a good geet, proceed to play. I'm never careless with them though.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
I let my friend hold my les Paul for five seconds. In that time he manages to drop it, directly on the jack socket. So half the time it dosen't connect to my anp, but buzzes like a bitch.
Page 1 of 2