The heather mills/paul macartney thing has made me think.
Are divorce settlements really unfair on men, or is their some reason I'm missing out on?
I thought that the point was that say the woman was a housewife and she has no money, she gets given the kind of money she might have earned, or something. And also money to raise the kids if she gets custody.

But I don't see how heather mills is entitled to £16m.
And in all the sitcoms I ever see, men end up paying stupid amounts, more than half they own. When you get divorced I can't a reason that the woman should get paid loads, surely by divorcing you give up the right to any of your ex-spouses stuff?

And I'm not a woman-hater, who thinks they should get nothing and just go and get a job, it just seems really unfair.

So, thoughts on this?
Or an explanation of why women seem to do so much better out of divorces?
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Last edited by big duck at Mar 17, 2008,
Yes. Upon divorce, the man should get all the woman's possession, as well as first dibs on her organs should he require a transplant.
I think divorces are bullshit. If two people get married, barring some unforeseen crime (murder, rape, etc.), they should have to stay married forever.

But since I know that would never happen, I think if the money was made by the man, he should get the money/house, and vice versa.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
ehhh... I can;t remember ever hearing about a guy making off nicely in a divorce settlement.

My dad got pinched by my mom. to keep his pension (the one he had before he met her) she had to get the house, with the front porch he built and the attic he finished.
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
The reason **** like this happens now is because woman are given/have too much power these days. They themselves know this and abuse it.
Quote by MightyAl
Yes. Upon divorce, the man should get all the woman's possession, as well as first dibs on her organs should he require a transplant.

she should also be required to make him one last sammich for old times sake
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Women earn less than men and the main reason for this as they give up their careers for their children, or their bosses assume they'll do so, and so don't give them the same chances of promotion as they do men. Generally speaking. Women usually end up looking after the children after a divorce, their schedules are generally balanced towards being at home in time to look after children, working part time, etc.

The fact that the thread starter bases his opinions on sitcoms says it all.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Velvet_Craig
Women earn less than men and the main reason for this as they give up their careers for their children, or their bosses assume they'll do so, and so don't give them the same chances of promotion as they do men. Generally speaking. Women usually end up looking after the children after a divorce, their schedules are generally balanced towards being at home in time to look after children, working part time, etc.

Heather Mills and Paul McCartney act in sitcoms?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka

Yea, Heather Mills was in One Foot In The Grave.
Not really.
Quote by walkinbazooka

What?

They should tho.
Quote by MightyAl
Yea, Heather Mills was in One Foot In The Grave.
Not really.

Heh, good-un.

But, seriously, she is so bloody stupid, she turns up the court with no lawyer or anyone, just dying for a sympathy vote.

I heard that the judge will, after it is settled, pledge the argument to silence, or whatever its called. Basically so she can stop fkin whining.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by Velvet_Craig
What?

They should tho.

You said TS got his views of divorce from sitcoms.
Quote by shattamakar

Well, technically, if you kill the woman before the divorce, she doesn't get a penny.......You know, I'm just throwing suggestions here........
Quote by Mike!
Well, technically, if you kill the woman before the divorce, she doesn't get a penny.......You know, I'm just throwing suggestions here........

I seem to recall reading last year that some guy divorcing his wife was complaining he'd have been better off running her over in his car.
Quote by big duck

And in all the sitcoms I ever see, men end up paying stupid amounts, more than half they own.

thats where the sitcom thing is from
Quote by cusic
thats where the sitcom thing is from

Oops sorry. Must have missed that.

Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Velvet_Craig

Okay, not sitcoms. I mean TV and just in general.

As I said, I'm aware of the kids, not working etc. But it still seems disproportionately in favour of womenin a lot of cases
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by MightyAl
I seem to recall reading last year that some guy divorcing his wife was complaining he'd have been better off running her over in his car.

Well, if you hate her and she threatens your economic well-being, why the hell not?
Quote by big duck
Okay, not sitcoms. I mean TV and just in general.

As I said, I'm aware of the kids, not working etc. But it still seems disproportionately in favour of women in a lot of cases

Not really, women still usually end up worse off financially, and spend their 'free' time looking after screaming brats.

Obviously there are exceptions, etc, blah blah.
Quote by Mike!
Well, if you hate her and she threatens your economic well-being, why the hell not?

prison
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
I think divorces are bullshit. If two people get married, barring some unforeseen crime (murder, rape, etc.), they should have to stay married forever.

This.

It's a disgrace that they should be legally bound to give each other anything.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

But since I know that would never happen, I think if the money was made by the man, he should get the money/house, and vice versa.

this is just entirely wrong. the first part is stupid because people change and sometimes people make mistakes. marriage should not be a prison.

the second part is stupid because in many cases it is the fact that the woman has not worked that has enabled the man to earn as much as he has. furthermore, many men may have expected their wife not to work, may have demanded them not to work. it isn't fair to suddenly pull the rug from the woman in such a case.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.