What amp are you using? The MT-2 works fine as a boost, but as a standalone distortion pedal... keep looking.
Quote by ThrashJeremy
Oh how about a Little Big Muff

They're two totally different pedals. What sound(s) are you after?
The Little Muff sounds like a Big Muff, which is a Fuzz like Distortion, Very thick and Smooth.

The Metal Muff sounds nothing like a Big Muff, it's a Metal Distortion.
It's ok.

Sold it though b/c I wanted to try out a multi pedal. Selling that too b/c individual pedals are better sound wise.
I don't like the Metal Muff. Yes, it has plenty of gain, but it still sounds like a muff, which plainly sucks for metal.

Try a Marshall Jackhammer.

With all respect due to Tom and to the rest of the peeps here, it seems no one even listens to goddamned metal.
I already got the Metal Zone and right now Im not pleased anyway. I thought it sounded amazing on a Cube 60 with a Dean VMNT. Now it sucks lol. The metal muff sounds cool.
i dont often say this - but use the search

99% hate them

1% think theyre "teh brutalZ" or however you do that nerd speak

you will find those 1% havent played for more than 1yr and/or tone deaf

honest truth
I've had an MT-2 for years... I threw it into a shoe box after a while because it was so freakin "nasal" sounding...., but after a while, I decided to mod it with a Monte Allums kit, and afterwards, it turned into a very killer pedal.. The nasally mids are gone, the gain structure smoothed out, and it growls with the best of them....

Stock, it's not my cup of tea, but after the mod, it's sick and it has earned a spot in my pedal board....
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by CanCan
Try a Marshall Jackhammer.

With all respect due to Tom and to the rest of the peeps here, it seems no one even listens to goddamned metal.

The Marshall Jackhammer's OD function is alright, but the distortion sucks. It's very muddy and makes your amp sound like it's covered by a blanket.

Quote by ThrashJeremy
I already got the Metal Zone and right now Im not pleased anyway. I thought it sounded amazing on a Cube 60 with a Dean VMNT. Now it sucks lol. The metal muff sounds cool.

Make sure you actually try the Metal Muff. I don't like it at all, but a lot of people around here make it out to be the best pedal ever... so, don't go by word of mouth.
You could also take a look at MXR's discontinued Doubleshot Distortion. One of its channels is the same as the Dime Distortion. A lot of people over at Harmony Central complain it is "only good for metal". :p
gezz, I dont get all the ahte for the metal zone. Its been around forever, and you have heard it on at oleast 500 diff. songs.

and for christ sake, you already have it? Why bother statring this thread. How about dont ever buy another pedal until you get a tube amp.
Quote by richgray5
Its been around forever, and you have heard it on at oleast 500 diff. songs.

Can't say I have.
dude every metal zone I've heard sucks. it's like "tin can" like someone said earlier. I had this problem of finding a metal pedal a while ago, and I ended up with the metal muff. I tried the jackhammer, and it was close, but the jackhammer didn't get up to slayer and municipal waste heaviness, the most it could do is old metallica style. Even that, not that well.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by Reildeal
I've had an MT-2 for years... I threw it into a shoe box after a while because it was so freakin "nasal" sounding...., but after a while, I decided to mod it with a Monte Allums kit, and afterwards, it turned into a very killer pedal.. The nasally mids are gone, the gain structure smoothed out, and it growls with the best of them....

Stock, it's not my cup of tea, but after the mod, it's sick and it has earned a spot in my pedal board....

+1
modding the mt-2 would b a nice idea.
my crunchbox+metalzone(modded) are all i need for distortion.
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.