Page 1 of 4
[rant]Like every high school/college band nowadays seems to be screamo. It's like they can't find a decent singer so they have to resort to some kid who can growl. I think screamo is like the nu metal of a few years ago. All the "cool hardcore kids" listen to it and want to make a band in that genre, and now there seem to be a million 'indie screamo' bands on myspace and whatnot.

Whaddaya think?[/rant]
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by FireandFlames
Post-hardcore, not screamo.

Also, skramz has been around since the 90s.

hehe your location made me giggle.

screamo ahs been around for years, or decades. what do you mean 'sudden explosion' o_O
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Yeah, screamo has been around forever.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
American society is breaking down. People don't know how to cope with things, so they do drugs and other stuff, and piss and moan through screamo (but screamo takes no talent, so any bitchy kid can do it, and lots of them do).
I thought most scene kids had moved on from that sort of thing.

Most I know listen to deathcore and stuff now.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
it is the current trend in music mayhaps?
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Screaming is harder than singing bud.
And its all opinion.
This "rant" has been posted plenty of time before so it's not like your school is the only school that has a musical trend.
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
Quote by FOCOrock
American society is breaking down. People don't know how to cope with things, so they do drugs and other stuff, and piss and moan through screamo (but screamo takes no talent, so any bitchy kid can do it, and lots of them do).

Ahem.........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PA7CucgufiA&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2C87rLVkF0
horrible quality, but awesome.
Kids found it, they like it, they play it. That rings true with any type of music that's popular. It's easy to start playing, sounds cool, and is popular, that's why there's so many bands in that genre.

At any rate, you're using the term "Screamo" wrong. Just because they scream, doesn't mean they're screamo. I hate it when people make that mistake.

EDIT: Some -core music is easy to get to sound okay, some of it is easy to play. Take one look at Necrophagist or Cannibal Corpse and tell me that's easy, though.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by FOCOrock

Because doing drugs and pissing anbd moaing through classic rock was so much different
Yeah sorry, let me rephrase that: I think the singers have no talent. Although some people say it's harder, I guess that they listen to screamo that no one else hears.

I liked the guy's shirt in that first video.
Why a sudden explosion in anything at all?

Things become popular, fade out and go away, then come back. They always do.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
metal will not die, and nothing else matters(thnx for the cool name, metallica). i dont care about screamo, besides, anyone know that they suck.

metal will kill all the unrighty(emo, etc)

now pray for that
Quote by xtreme2ya
metal will not die, and this is all that matters. i dont care about screamo, besides, anyone know that they suck.

metal will kill all the unrighty(emo, etc)

now pray for that

I'll pray for the reverse, thank you .
Quote by FOCOrock

Id like to point out that belittling others' opinions/music taste takes no talent, shows your lack of debating skills, and any bicthy kid could whine about how they think screamo blows.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by t3hrav3n
Kids found it, they like it, they play it. That rings true with any type of music that's popular. It's easy to start playing, sounds cool, and is popular, that's why there's so many bands in that genre.

At any rate, you're using the term "Screamo" wrong. Just because they scream, doesn't mean they're screamo. I hate it when people make that mistake.

EDIT: Some -core music is easy to get to sound okay, some of it is easy to play. Take one look at Necrophagist or Cannibal Corpse and tell me that's easy, though.

haha, yea i think i've heard glen benton and george fisher scream before.. lame screamo bastards. XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
It's hard to scream and sound good, but that goes for singing too. Most don't sound too pleasant.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

^Cyronics is their best, but I didn't think Risk Revival was that bad, I enjoyed it.
^Yeah, it was a bit of a disappointment, but good overall. I was sad when they broke up.
Upload a video of you screaming. Its actually not as easy as everyone thinks it is, its not just screaming your lungs out, its different.

I like some "screamo" bands, not a fan of the too heavy stuff, but I don't mind it.
I thought Risk Revival was better than Cryonics! I love Turncoat Revolution.

I cannot be bothered arguing with these typical "metal r00ls screamo sucks" noobers so I'll leave this. Find some real screamo and get educated.
What you're talking about is trendy metalcore or whatever. Skramz is awesome.

P.s Risk Revival kinda sucked.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

All I have is Risk Revival, but I enjoy it tons.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've found a much bigger problem with death metal bands.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
because it sounds good haha, its popular among high school age groups, some kids think it makes them look tough and BR00T4L!!! that usuall y tends to be the ones with more deep screaming kinda liek grindcore and metalcore and whatever, i personally listen to it because of the raw emotion put into the screaming, alot of the bands popping up now have really good singers too. ANDDDD the musical aspect of it in a lot of the bands coming out is really really talented people just dont see it because they are like "OMG this band is so f-ing gay all they do is jump around and scream their heads off" hahaha

just my opinoin
Quote by Mockstairwell
[rant]Like every high school/college band nowadays seems to be screamo. It's like they can't find a decent singer so they have to resort to some kid who can growl. I think screamo is like the nu metal of a few years ago. All the "cool hardcore kids" listen to it and want to make a band in that genre, and now there seem to be a million 'indie screamo' bands on myspace and whatnot.

Whaddaya think?[/rant]

Its the end of an era.

Its always been this way with rock music. Once the market has become totally saturated, when an overwhelming majority of musicians look to a certain genre for inspiration, the seeds of the next great style are planted.

Screamo will be dead by 2009. The next decade will usher in a new rock trend.
Quote by FOCOrock

You try hitting notes while getting a decent scream night after night on tour. Betcha cant.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by TGautier13
Its the end of an era.

Its always been this way with rock music. Once the market has become totally saturated, when an overwhelming majority of musicians look to a certain genre for inspiration, the seeds of the next great style are planted.

Screamo will be dead by 2009. The next decade will usher in a new rock trend.

No, screamo is not a trend and won't be dead in 2009. It's going strong now, and it's been around for a while.
you're like 8 years late.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
I'm not too into it. Why does it bother you so much that these bands are around? Is it because everyone likes these bands and no one likes you?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by StreetLight3989
No, screamo is not a trend and won't be dead in 2009. It's going strong now, and it's been around for a while.

Quote by TGautier13

The thing is, I can't think of one mainstream screamo band. Your post was about the market and stuff, screamo has nothing to do with the market. Screamo will not be dead by 2009, I can tell you that.
Quote by FOCOrock
Yeah sorry, let me rephrase that: I think the singers have no talent. Although some people say it's harder, I guess that they listen to screamo that no one else hears.

I liked the guy's shirt in that first video.

I personally take offense to this. I have been doing harsh vocals for six years. I've become a very good metal vocalist and it's one of my passions. It's something that I want to do for a living.

This isn't meant to be a mean post, so if you really think that metal 'singers' (screamers and whatnot) don't have any talent, than well...

In the kindest way possible, fuck you.

I'd like to see some people who go on and on about it not having talent try to do it like the guy from The Black Dahlia Murder, or even the growler of Necrophagist.
Page 1 of 4