I did a search on this site, but didn't find anything about this .

I found a site selling DuPont Chromabase car paint in spray cans. This is better stuff than DupliColor, but more expensive. Here is the link with paint chips.

DuPont Chromabase Spray Paint

Also, on that same site, the have a 2 part Urethane clear coat.

Aero-Max Urethane clear

Come to find out, this is the same paint that the book "Paint Your Own Guitar," recommends.

It's all a little pricey, but good results are worth it.

From reading a little on that site, the drying time is real fast.
No, no advertising. Just passing along info that I find while surfing.
We're all here to help each other right?

I haven't tried this stuff yet, but will soon.
I'll post results as I progress.
if i remember correctly the big problem with the Aero-Max Urethane clear is after you activate it, you have to use it asap. I think within a couple of hours. If you don't it hardens up inside the can or something like that so it becomes useless. Maybe it is worth it if your paint several guitar at once, but if your only painting one guitar it isn't worth it.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
if i remember correctly the big problem with the Aero-Max Urethane clear is after you activate it, you have to use it asap. I think within a couple of hours. If you don't it hardens up inside the can or something like that so it becomes useless. Maybe it is worth it if your paint several guitar at once, but if your only painting one guitar it isn't worth it.

Exactly right. It is a two-part urethane, which you mix by "inserting the red thing into the bottom of the can and sqeezing". Each part on its own will last a long time, but you mix them, and the activator (stuff in the red thing) makes the paint able to dry. It's very common in professional paint applications, because you can mix only a needed amount of paint, but with this you'd be activating the whole can at once.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe

Well, it says 24 hours in big fat red letters on that website. That's still pretty short though..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Invader Jim
Shouldn't the can be air-tight or something?

The activator will make it dry anyway. I found a sealed gallon of paint which was completely solid in the storage shed at work last summer. You have to be careful to mix only the needed amount, and that's not possible with the system in the link.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

If I could get 2 -3 coats out of 1 can like the directions say, it would be worth it to me. It would be cheaper than buying Clear coat, reducer, and hardener by the gallon. Plus all the painting equipment isn't cheap either.

R-M Aero-Max – Efficiency to the Max!

We understand that time equals money. Setting up and cleaning your spray gun takes time. Fixing a mistake takes time. Mixing components or cleaning up spills from open containers takes time.

Save time and money by reaching for a can of R-M Aero-Max. Packaged in a unique and revolutionary delivery system which provides efficient and reliable spray patterns every time, so you can take care of all the details - fast. The next time you’re looking to save time, boost your efficiency with a can of Aero-Max from R-M.

Aero-Max AM2100 puts 2K technology in an aerosol can, you're able to work with just one product instead of three. And you never spend time on spray gun set-up, mixing or clean-up.

Here's how to use AM2100. Just remove the red plastic button from the top cap. Make sure the cap is on the can and is upside down on a stable surface, then insert the red button onto the bottom of the can and press down with the ball of your hand. Shake it up and you're ready to spray. Apply two to three coats with a five-minute flash between coats and the job is complete.

Ideal for touch-ups and door jambs and it's extremely fast-drying.

NOTICE: MUST BE USED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ACTIVATION

Doesn't sound too bad.
If you're not set up for a spray gun, then it probably is a good system for you.

Oh, and btw, you can buy paint, reducer, hardner, clearcoat, etc by the pint also. I usually deal with gallon cans, though, as we usually do trucks, construction equipment, etc. (Large things that require ~5 gallons or more for one coat)
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw