I just don't like most of them. They sound terrible and some of these bands sound kinda bad live. But that's just me. I'd rather be there.
I have a rush live album thats god
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Mostly they're garbage, but there's a few songs that I prefer live versions to studio versions. Cheap Trick's I want you to Want Me, for instance. Studio version = gay. Live version = badass.

Raining Blood's another example.
Raining Blood sucks live and studio
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Depends on the band. There are a lot of bands that are horrible live, but other bands, such as Incubus and Iron Maiden, are absolutely brilliant live, therefore making their live albums brilliant as well.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Some artists are great live, others are horrible. I like some live albums.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
One word: Muse.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
I love live albums. Its like a watching a new episode of your favorite TV show, like listening to the same album versions of songs over and over again gets boring. I got at least like 300 Pearl Jam bootlegs.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
In that case, you only listen to live albums by bands which suck live. I love live albums; I really enjoy hearing a band really performing their songs live and maybe playing things a bit differently.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
TS, if you can name me some sub-par live albums, I'll take you seriously. Failing that, you need to listen to more of them.
Last edited by webbtje at Mar 17, 2008,
in september last year i went to orlando and there was a big virgin megastores there and i got a james taylor live cd and it was just amazing.

and then i go and leave it on the plane on the way home.
I loved 'Sound Theories' (Steve Vai with an orchestra) and 'S & M' by MEtallica. The god of all live albums is 'The Who - Live At Leeds', though.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by Thornography
More bands should do like Metallica with S&M IMO.

Imagine Behemoth with a symphony!

Behemoth with a symphony would be horrible.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

Bury Me In Smoke
AC/DC - If You Want Blood You Got It
Iron Maiden - Live at Donington
Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
etc
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I love most live albums, though there are some that are just meh. I have some Alice in Chains live songs and they are okay, but not great. Then again, when I saw them live last year, there was a huge amount of emotion and power in their performance. When I watched a video of the same show, I was kinda bored with it.

Live performances are meant to be experienced personally...

But yeah, Dream Theater's Score, Blind Guardian's Live album + their DVD, amazing stuff. Nirvana and Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged, good stuff. AC/DC and Led Zeppelin too. I've heard a lot of good live stuff, it shouldn't be underestimated.
Quote by Flying Afros
Behemoth with a symphony would be horrible.
Behmoth w/ Symphony
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Reel Big Fish's live album was freakin' sweet
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Phish live albums are also amazing. My friend has boxes full of them lol.
Quote by rancidryan

Bury Me In Smoke
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams was badass. And it was their first album, so it wasn't just a load of old songs live.
Also, live Ramones albums are funny, because they play so ridiculously fast
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SweetBabyJames1
in september last year i went to orlando and there was a big virgin megastores there and i got a james taylor live cd and it was just amazing.

and then i go and leave it on the plane on the way home.

Was it the one in downtown disney? that virgin megastore was the biggest one i've ever seen... i bought so many CD's, they even had Buckethead CD's... not a chance of finding one of those in a shop over here
The Scorpions, UFO, and MSG are three bands I prefer live to studio. Although Mr. Schenker has been a bit crap as of late...
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips