As The Palisade Falls

http://www.myspace.com/asthepalisadefalls

Please, if you are into metal, check us out, we just finished recording.

listen to Becoming Red or That's What She Said.

Im the bassist, and we would love some feedback.

Edit- We are all 15, except our drummer, who is 16
=]
P.S. We just played with See You Nest Tuesday 2 nights ago... it was amazing.
Last edited by cvbass at Mar 17, 2008,
I like the idea that you want to harmonize in your first song, but the arpeggios need to be a lot cleaner than they are.

EDIT: Also, you sound a lot more like a metalcore band. Especially with the name you have chosen.
I dig it, but there is room for improvement, like HMH said, arpeggios don't sound real tight and the snare drum on becoming red sounds kinda like a cooking pot. Keep improving, I see potential.

EDIT: yup, sounds metalcore to me too.
thank you sir for the feedback! I agree, that part is a little sloppy... but check out the solo in becoming red for what our guitarist can really do!

edit- you guys are right, we have breakdowns and 2-steps, does that make it "metalcore"
Quote by cvbass

edit- you guys are right, we have breakdowns and 2-steps, does that make it "metalcore"

IMO, yes -- is that a bad thing, not necessarily.
alright, thank you sir, idk what genre we are now... lol, because 2 of our new songs have no breakdowns or 2 step parts...
Don't worry about genre boundries. Play what you want to play. My band for instance has some power metal songs, some harder/thrashier songs, and a couple of songs I would label as "other."

We harmonize a lot, so if you want some influence check my music out.

http://www.myspace.com/retaliationband

In the song "Africa" we have a great harmonization after the solos, I suggest you start there. Best of luck!
Quote by the snare drum on becoming red sounds kinda like a cooking pot.

it's called a piccolo snare mate
i read an interview on the web about these lads.
i hear they are all 15 years of age, with the exception of their 16 year of age drummer. & that none of these lads have been playing their instruments for over 2 years time. given that, i think their music is most impressive! give these fella's a few years and i expect to see them in the big times. it's a real treat to see such talent from a young band. proper instrumentals, & threatening vocals! cheers to As The Palisade Falls!
Thank You metalman! We really appreciate the support. Where did you hear about us? We have definately been working hard to get our music out there.

and yes, his snare is piccolo