I Played that LTD, and it was nice, but I heard something about anything below the 400's were crap. Also are EDGE 3s on Ibanezes any good?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Pinky19
I Played that LTD, and it was nice, but I heard something about anything below the 400's were crap. Also are EDGE 3s on Ibanezes any good?

I have an M200FM i think the only difference is the pickups. I'd buy it the only thing really crappy is the Agathis :[.
Edge 3 blows. Don't.Buy.Ever.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
My friend is buying an RG with an Edge 3. What is so bad? WHy hate agathis?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Agathis gets a bad reputation because it isn't a good tonewood. Seems to dull the guitar's tone, but you can probanly compensate with a good amp and pickups.
The Edge III is made form cheap materials. This has been covered so many times. It lasts a month and then will not stay in tune as the knife-edge goes blunt. Do not buy unless you intent to be meticulously careful with your tremolo, which is a bit of a paradox considering you seek an Ibanez. If you get an Ibanez, make sure you get an Edge Pro, a Lo-Pro, Edge Zero or ZR. You won't regret it.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I have a microcube, so would the LTD be a bad choice then?

Quote by quantum leap
Agathis gets a bad reputation because it isn't a good tonewood. Seems to dull the guitar's tone, but you can probanly compensate with a good amp and pickups.
The Edge III is made form cheap materials. This has been covered so many times. It lasts a month and then will not stay in tune as the knife-edge goes blunt. Do not buy unless you intent to be meticulously careful with your tremolo, which is a bit of a paradox considering you seek an Ibanez. If you get an Ibanez, make sure you get an Edge Pro, a Lo-Pro, Edge Zero or ZR. You won't regret it.

Ibanez have more good bridges than that, but I won't go into that now.

Also, yes, the Edge III isn't a good bridge.

The question is, is it worse than other LFR's in that price range? If you ask me, no.

The only reason why people constantly pick out the Edge III is becasue it has a name, rather than being a random, nameless, LFR. I'm not defending the Edge III, I'm just pointing out that many bridges in that price range suffer exactly the same problems.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
But what about the LTD?

I have a M-100FM, I think it's great, just swapped out the pickups and things. I get a pretty great tone I'd say, not deathly crappy as alot of people put it.

There's a video of me playing it at a battle of teh bands, you can judge on the tone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQnHbw2Qf7g

I still have the LFR on it from when i bought it in Dec 2006, i don't go steve vai on it, but the usual dive bomb and some dimebag squeelies, still in tune and working.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Last edited by Esparko at Mar 17, 2008,
I have on good authority of a friend, some advice with respect to the M-100:
-It has a good, fast neck that is ideal for shredding
-Thin and light-ish

However, there are some downsides:
-Pickups are weak and undefined
-Body dents easily
-Tremolo is about as good as the Edge III

Probably OK as a starter guitar, but really more of a project guitar.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by shredforbread33
I have an M200FM i think the only difference is the pickups. I'd buy it the only thing really crappy is the Agathis :[.
Edge 3 blows. Don't.Buy.Ever.

they don't use agathis on the cheaper models any more they use basswood now.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Last edited by edge11 at Mar 18, 2008,
Quote by edge11
they don't use agathis on the cheaper modles any more they use basswood now.

Oh ok. learn something new everyday!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
This would actually be a step up for me. My second. I would eventually replace it with an OFR. Then Pickup saw once I get a better amp.

well? yay or nay?

I'm pretty sure the LTD is Agathis, if they changed there are still a lot of them around so watch out. A good piece of Basswood would be a great improvement. There are a couple of decent LFR's out there, but not on that guitar.
I would keep shopping.
if nay, suggest something for around 300-400 please. Looking to play metal. Pantera, and Dimebag, is mah heroez.

Musician's Friend has Epiphone G400's for $329, really good guitar. A Hagstrom blem Swede for $384.23, ESP LTD FX-260 Spalted Maple for $399 (metal-looking as hell.) Do a little more shopping. Good luck.
Not fond of SGs. But thanks for suggestions.

Why is agathis bad wood?I heard that agathis is great tonewood by Algee(some luthier guy from GB&C)
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
it's mahogany "lite" ITs usually blasted because of teh cheap electronics it has become coupled with.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33