I own a Behringer GMX212 Vtone (gift) and a Agile Al-2000 guitar with 2 dimarizio humbuckers. Whenever playing through my amp I get a buzzy sound of course its more notable in a distortion setting but whenever I touch the strings or the cable input of my guitar it goes away.

Is there anyways to ground the guitar better to decrease buzz? Can I like buy a human finger and tape it to my guitar input thingy?
Yeah it sounds like a grounding problem tbh.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Yeah I think that is it. I was wondering how I would fix that problem

EDIT

Would my amp being on a table affect it? Any solutions on how to fix a grounding problem?
Quote by SideshowRaven24
grounding problem? idk it's a common problem.

That helps....

Anyways, there are things you can buy for the actual plug of the amp that goes into wall that might solve the problem. You plug it into the little accessory then that into the wall and it might solve your problem. Not sure what its called tho lol.
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
Well if it's stopping when you touch your strings im guessing it's the guitar, what kind of bridge does it have?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Dimario Air Norton in the neck and Dimazirio Tone Zone in the bridge

it could be vice versa

-Edit-
Are you saying the power cord could be causes the buzz because it's a cheapie?
I am not sure, but it might just be one of two problems.

It might be your cable socket. That happened to me, and it turned out a wire had broken off of the socket.

It might just be your cables. The cables I have now make that sound when my foot pedal is in certain positions, which means that my cables are crap.

I'd guess that it's your socket, as, when I had it, it also stopped when I touched the cable input of my guitar. Unscrew your socket plate and look at it and check for broken wires.
I just bought a new cable. It is the Monster S-100. I am pretty sure it's of good quality and working condition. It's about 30 minutes old. I think it's because of the amp. Because I tested it on another guitar and it also gets a nasty buzz in distorted mode. I think the amp socket is lose or not grounded well or something is up.
Quote by Legends16
Yeah I think that is it. I was wondering how I would fix that problem

EDIT

Would my amp being on a table affect it? Any solutions on how to fix a grounding problem?

No putting it on the ground doesn't make it grounded.
If I touch any metal part on my guitar it stops buzzing or lessens ALOT. Even the toggle switch ( 3-way) if i tap that it stops. This is really annoying.
Do you have a multimeter of any kind? If you do, here's a tip that may help you find the problem, before you go digging into the guitar. If have to, as a last resort, go ahead and take the screws out of the pick guard or plastic back panel, in order to expose all the parts. And if you had to take this step, stop and take a close look to see if any ground is missing, or disconnected for any reason.

1. Place the meter in the lowest ohms function you have.
2. Put one probe on the metal bridge of the guitar.
3. Take the knobs off of the guitar.
4. Place the other probe on the shaft of each knob, both the tone and volume controls.
5. In each case, you are looking for a zero ohms reading, or really close to zero.
6. If you find one that is no where near zero, that's the culprit that is not grounded.
7. If you have metal pickup covers, place that second probe tip on the case of each, and look for the same reading. (assuming you haven't already found the problem item.
8. Other possibilities are the case screws of any switches of any kind, or even the bridge, itself.

Conclusion: Everything must be grounded to everything else, or you WILL get those buzzes. What you hear is 60 or 120 hz ac hum being induced into the system.

Any Radio Shack, or electronics parts store should have a meter...some of them are pretty cheap. Ask the sales representative for help if you need to.

One final teensy weensy question: You didn't remove the grounding pin from the power plug on the amp, did you???? If you did, put yourself on 'double-secret mental probation'! Then, either put on a new plug, or get a new cord and install it...you must ground the amp!!! And by the way, stay away from any flourescent lights...they cause a lot of problems, too.

Good luck,
Joey45
Thanks alot Joey45 I will take all of this into consideration and test for it. Thanks for the reply.

As I read your last sentence it worried me lol. I am downstairs with guitar/computer and there is quite a big flourescent light above me heh. I will turn it off and see how bad the buzz is from there and move forward. But thanks for the tips.

I dont have covered humbuckers. I think something isnt grounded because everywhere I touch a metal piece even the screws on the humbuckers the buzz goes away.
Last edited by Legends16 at Mar 17, 2008,
Well I tested and tested with the multimeter and it seems as though all the pots and such are well grounded. It was 15-0 ohms on everything. The volume knobs had about 5-10 or so. It was like 15 or below on all of them. I do believe I have the grounding pin in the power plug. You mean the thing that sticks out below the 2 power pins right? If so yes I have that. If not then I don't know what you mean.
Did you mean that if you tap the three-way switch, the guitar stops buzzing for a while? Or it only when you keep touching the switch? If the answer is that it stops buzzing when you tap it and stays ok after you take your hand off, then you might have a bad switch...take it to a tech for the repair.

Joey 45
certain amps cant handle certain a certain out put from hot p-ups. my amp buzzes from my EMGs
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I have fixed my problem. I turned down the distortion and the mid/low/high and turned up the level and volume and it tightened the sound up. I have a very little buzz but a nice distorted sound when playing. So problem solved. It was just the amp.