I just picked up the e-mu 0404 external audio card for some no latency recordings via midi keyboard and a couple mics. I am using both cubase and reason. My question is why when i playback/stream live my recordings, my speakers crackle and do horrible things. They aren't affected with mp3's and movies or other audio play back on my pc. I have just a basic integrated pci card in my computer so do I really have to go out and buy a new card to make my system be able to play wav. and other high format audio? if so wouldn't it have just been smarter to but a no latency internal card?? just looking for some answers. thanks.
the crackles mybe becouse you use to low asio latency ( i have an internal 0404 ... and under 10ms it produces horrible crackles)
The 0404 is probably better than your stock sound card. As long as you are using the 0404's outs to drive your speakers you should be fine. If you still get the crackling it's a software issue.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Are you using the EMU completely and kinda cutting out your stock card. I have the 0202 and that's what i do. If the crackling only appears on things you've recorded, maybe that's the problem.
I am running my speakers through my pc not through the e-mu. and my latency is set to 44ms, anything lower crackles way to much.
Quote by biggieholla
I am running my speakers through my pc not through the e-mu. and my latency is set to 44ms, anything lower crackles way to much.

Run the speakers through the Emu card.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
yea i have tryed. still same old crackling..in reason i have the option to choose my audio card from a list of about 7 different e-mu cards. Ex: ASIO Emu 0404|USB, DX speakers (Emu 0404|USB), DX digital output (Emu 0404|USB), MME speakers (Emu 0404|USB)...etc. they all work but which one is the right one? they all seem to make crackling even though they all work too.