I'm planning a build, and I'm thinking of an LP-copy with a walnut/maple neck, which runs through the body and is trimmed with a pair of walnut strips in the body and the rest of mahogany. I like the design, except I'm not set on a Les Paul style body and I'm not sure what to do with the head. I did a kisekae and then photoshopped it to reflect my current plan. Here it is:

What do you think I should do with the head? I like the shape, but I'm not sure what to do with it in terms of the wood.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Last edited by DuctTapeNinja at Mar 17, 2008,
leave the headstock as is. the whole thing looks f***in awesome
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Those woods look sweet. Especially with the wood running through the headstock like that,
It'd be perfect without the scratchplate
Quote by TomR
It'd be perfect without the scratchplate
Hmm....I'm gonna have to do a photoshop of that. I like that idea.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Ok, I just finished photoshopping that, and I'm liking what I see. Here's the revised plan:

I'm still not sold on the headstock, tho. It seems like it needs something.....
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Yea i was gunna say, some sort of decal might give it what it needs, design something and stick it on in photoshop. Make sure its quite symmetrical, keep it in theme with the guitar
Quote by WickedBeast666
Maybe your name on it?
Hmm......I could maybe inlay my name into the headstock. That might be just what it needs......
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Isn't the headstock missing two strips of walnut?

Otherwise it looks awesome!
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Yes it is but the headstock isnt as wide as the body so it cant fit the walnut stripes on the outside.
That's exactly why I haven't put them into it. But I might fit them in if I use pretty thin strips in the head. Lol, a 7-piece head seems a bit excessive, though. I'm liking the idea of inlaying my name into it, but I haven't found a design for my name that I like yet. That, and I'm not confident in my inlaying skills. So a 7-piece head with thin strips of walnut might be for the best. Here's what it'd look like:

Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

dude, i like it as it is, but do some crazy ass wiring on it to get some sick sounds. and desfinitly use a versitile humbucker i'd say. iunno, just looks like a nice all-around guitar

i've never been one for having my name on a headstock though, i just think it's cheesy. sorry.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Maybe skip the mahogany on the headstock and just have the wood on the "outer layer" be walnut?

Just got to try out all your options, man. Who knows, eh?
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
Quote by Kultur Vultur
Maybe skip the mahogany on the headstock and just have the wood on the "outer layer" be walnut?

Just got to try out all your options, man. Who knows, eh?
Yeah, that might look good. I'll have to photoshop one like that.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

K, I just finished that photoshop. I kind of like it. I'm not sure, though. It's in my top two designs at the moment.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by DuctTapeNinja
That's exactly why I haven't put them into it. But I might fit them in if I use pretty thin strips in the head. Lol, a 7-piece head seems a bit excessive, though. I'm liking the idea of inlaying my name into it, but I haven't found a design for my name that I like yet. That, and I'm not confident in my inlaying skills. So a 7-piece head with thin strips of walnut might be for the best. Here's what it'd look like:

put the pickguard back on that and it is totally my favorite. your guitar though. but it looks like its gonna be really nice no matter what.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
K, I just finished that photoshop. I kind of like it. I'm not sure, though. It's in my top two designs at the moment.

That looks really sharp, man!

The darker headstock goes well with the rosewood fretboard.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
Quote by Kultur Vultur
That looks really sharp, man!

The darker headstock goes well with the rosewood fretboard.
It does, but it almost feels like it's not balanced. Too much dark at one end. I dunno though. I'm thinking that wider strips of walnut in the body might help balance it.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw