Alright...I'm sick of my low-level crap..My current Amp is only a practice Amplifier. It's a 15 Watt Ibanez practice amp and I've had technical difficulties with it before...I also don't like it's tone.

Personally, i listen to a little bit of everything in the rock and metal genres as well as a little random stuff you wouldnt expect.

My playing style is kinda odd, I guess. I like to play distinctive Metal riffs with clarity like those of Ozzy songs with just about any of his guitarists. But at the same time I love to play really heavy riffs in the style of random Death Metal bands such as Rose Funeral, Grenouer, and All Shall perish. I also love making random-ass breakdowns..If you've heard more than 3 breakdowns, you know how they generally sound, so I don't think I need to list a bunch of Hardcore bands for you...Now for the odd part. I also love the 80's Power Metal sound.. So clean cut/high output clean channels for solos/finger tapping are a very big plus.

I would like for it to be AT LEAST 50 Watts. Preferably with a foot pedal so alternate between cleans, and distortion and what-not.

My price range is $400..I can pay a little more I suppose, but ideally, I would like it within $400.

As for my skill level, I would say that I am an Intermediate Guitarist...I don't really know how to elaborate on that..I haven't been playing long, but I have been playing a lot.

As for my guitar, I am going to buy a new one that is already great for what I want (Schecter C-1 Blackjack). So that's all set.. My current guitar is a ****ty Ibanez RG321MH. I truly do not like this guitar.

EDIT: Also, I would like to AVOID buying a used amplifer as much as possible.
Last edited by 1,000 Watts at Mar 17, 2008,
i have a roland cube30 , its been working out well for me
u could go with the cube 60 but neither of these amps have foot pedals
Last edited by ms_tickley at Mar 17, 2008,
Valveking 112. Average stock, good with a speaker swap. INSANE with a valve and speaker swap.
VK 112. But that's more power than most People are gonna need for practice. Either that or the Windsor studio, if you don't need cleans.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Youuuuu dont need 50 tube watts my brotha. But since you're poor, a VK will have to do. BTW, the ibanez rg321 is actually probably the best hard tail guitar for the money man.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The peavey windsor studio is 20w, Class A, 1 channel for $400.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
valve junior.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Valveking 112. Average stock, good with a speaker swap. INSANE with a valve and speaker swap

I wouldn't go that far.

Quote by kool98769
BTW, the ibanez rg321 is actually probably the best hard tail guitar for the money man.

+1

The RG321 might be cheap, but it's actually a pretty nice guitar for the money.

1,000 Watts - What don't you like about it?
To answer all replies, I had been looking at the Valveking 112 before but wasnt sure if I wanted it or not... But seeing as how I got so many replies of a positive nature on it, I think I'll go for it. Definatelychoosing it over my first option: MG50DFX.

As for the Ibanez - I ordered it and the pick-up started to fall out very soon after I got it...I loosened them so they'd be lower when I first got it cuz they were way too close to the strings...the screw to the pick-ups came out about 2 days later...I loosened to a point where the screws were still in though...I've gotten the pickups placed back in, but I'm still to this day having problems with it. 2 of the screw holes on the bezel plate are stripped..so they no longer have screws in them.... The frets need to be filed...And tuning the high e string is a pain in the ass with it. I also do not like how light it is. I wish I had saved up for a few more months and just gotten the C-1.. I guess some of it's problems are partially my fault, but I also feel some of it is poor manufacturing...And since I tampered with the screws to lower the pick-ups when I got it and after they fell out I tried to fix it, it was no longer returnable.. So I guess it was just a problem that I may or may not have made worse...

All I know is, I would much rather have the C-1 because the Ibanez now is just frustrating... I do not feel like bringing it to a tech and having them fix every last problem that I have with it and me ending up paying about 1/3 of what I payed for the guitar in the first place.