I have my guitar plugged in to my on-board sound's line in, and I get the clean guitar sound from my left speaker... I have ASIO4ALL and Guitar Rig 2... How do I get the sound to process through guitar rig 2?

I'm not on my studio PC so I can't give exact directions.... but basically you need to goto your volume control and mute the line-in there, that's going to make it so you won't hear anything pre-GR2. Also, go to Options-> Properties, then click on the radio button for Recording and hit ok. Now you want to make sure Line-in has some gain and the checkbox for Select is checked underneath. If you strum your guitar at this point you should see some input on the volume thing here but not actually be hearing anything.

Now you run GR2, goto Tools->Preferences or Tools-Options....something like that I can't remember exactly but it's on the file menu and is options/preferences or something.

In there you choose ASIO4ALL as your audio driver.

I think that's all you need to do, just load up a patch in GR and play away.

I'll try to remember to look when i get home to see the exact menu choice you need.
Last edited by chillbeast at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by chillbeast
I'm not on my studio PC so I can't give exact directions.... but basically you need to goto your volume control and mute the line-in there, that's going to make it so you won't hear anything pre-GR2. Also, go to Options-> Properties, then click on the radio button for Recording and hit ok. Now you want to make sure Line-in has some gain and the checkbox for Select is checked underneath. If you strum your guitar at this point you should see some input on the volume thing here but not actually be hearing anything.

Now you run GR2, goto Tools->Preferences or Tools-Options....something like that I can't remember exactly but it's on the file menu and is options/preferences or something.

In there you choose ASIO4ALL as your audio driver.

I think that's all you need to do, just load up a patch in GR and play away.

I'll try to remember to look when i get home to see the exact menu choice you need.

That didn't work for me
Quote by wylde_overdrive
That didn't work for me

Sorry man, I forgot to look at it while I was at home... send me a PM and let me know what it is/isn't doing and I'll see if I can help you out.
Quote by Kamikaze21
no PM **** please, if have exactly the same issue! (or pm me too.. )

Haha ok.. are you just not getting any sound at all? is it coming out clean? what's happening?
i use it as an effect in garage band, but i'm on a mac. maybe try running it as a plug in effect on a recording program. perhaps.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i use it as an effect in garage band, but i'm on a mac. maybe try running it as a plug in effect on a recording program. perhaps.

Yea I always run it as an insert on one of my input channels in nuendo... doesn't sound like these guys are using any host program though, just the standalone app.
hrm can't seem to find any good screenshots or anything...

if you want help setting it up you can send me a msg on AIM: NinjaThumbz
I'll see if I can walk you through it..

got band practice tonight so I doubt I'll remember to look at it when I get home after that
i had both the clean sound and the sound through guitar rig..

but i had to reset my laptop yesterday and i didn't reinstall guitar rig yet, so i can't work on it atm..