I can't figure out a good TBIAPB tone. I'm using a Palomino V16 amp (gain, treble, mid, bass, level, reverb knobs), a Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal, and a Mexican Telecaster. SOMEBODY HELP ME GODDAMNIT!
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Clean channel.

Done

Not really. I thought that too, with the middle setting on my guitar, but it just doesn't sound right. Some of their stuff has a little crunch to it, but adding gain doesn't sound right either.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
treble up, no bass, mids up.

Tele? i'd go with full on bridge, the mids will fill out the spiky tonalities.

It'd be easier if you used a tube amp, then you could crank up the level and get a good tone without using so much gain, but I suspect it is just a solid state, which is gonan be harder to get a good crunch from. Hell it's hard to get anything but a Black Flag heavy mid's distorted sound on a solid state, and that's only Peavys.
No, it's a tube amp.
Try putting some reverb on it or possibly a quick delay. It might help get the twangy sort of sound. Also, as o=p said, go full on bridge, treble and mids cranked up (more mids than treble, probably).

Get back to us after you try some stuff and let us know if we're getting warmer
Okay, I'll try in a little bit. It seems like the bridge is too harsh sounding though, that's why I've been using the middle setting.
Yeah, the high treble, higher mids, and low bass on the bridge pick up was no where near right. It was really trebley and harsh, even with gain way down. Any other ideas?

Edit: Think I might have got it. For the stuff like "Middle O Nowhere" I used the settings you guys gave me, but used the middle setting and the OD pedal with no gain, a little low end, and a lot of high end.
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by RockThe40oz
Clean channel.

(Fuck Off!)

Oh wait, that's Clear Channel.

But I'd recommend some added bass and reverb to a clean tone.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
You can't use a mexican guitar for punk.

Mexicans and lazy and the guitars they make are unresponsive and always play behind the beat. Like Nick Mason.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
You can't use a mexican guitar for punk.

Mexicans and lazy and the guitars they make are unresponsive and always play behind the beat. Like Nick Mason.

Oh, don't we all love Brian and his oldfashioned, conservative racism?
Quote by original=punk
Oh, don't we all love Brian and his oldfashioned, conservative racism?

Now come on, let's face it, what I said had some founding.

Mexican cleaners don't exactly leave toilets looking "spic and span", do they?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

well you dont tip us do you ass?

in all seriousness mexicans are hard working people,im sure of this because i myself am a mexican that works with his hands.
i have worked with white,black and latino crews and its safe to say the only white boys that keep up are the ones that grew up with us.
and the black crews,
well i wont go there but they are not exactly a motivated group
i dont think this is a standard just what ive seen from experience
Last edited by hooligan07 at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The cleaners in mexico when I was there did a good job, so quite don't understand whatever you mean.