are there any programs out there that would let me use my fancy little pause/play buttons with itunes while it isn't in focus?
you mean on your keyboard?

if so:
go to control panel on Start
then keyboard.
then buttons
I mean, with mine, if you minimize it, it will become a little bar on the bottom of the screen, allowing you to pause/play/rewind/fast forward. Is that what your asking? If it is, all you gotta do is download a new version of Itunes.
I think there's a Firefox addon that lets you control your iTunes from your browser, but rendering them fancy buttons useless.
Quote by FireandFlames
I think there's a Firefox addon that lets you control your iTunes from your browser, but rendering them fancy buttons useless.

yh there is an addon called "Foxytunes" get it, its great, you can control most media players with it.

also when u minimise iTunes it should become part of your start bar at the bottom (if you have windows that is) if u dont go right click on the bar and select toolbars then check iTunes.

also you could try the mini-player/view thing. just press ctrl+T when you are on i tunes and it becomes smaller.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
yes yes i know all that, what im looking for is say: i'm writing something in notepad, at any time id like to just press those little fancy buttons and have them actually do something. macs have that functionality built in to them, even in full screen thingys... quite handy.