so i went to radioshack to get a replacement fuse for the power socket on my amp. 250V 3.0A slo blo.

i made the mistake of thinking they knew what they were talking about. they only had two fuses that were close to that, one was 3.15A slo blo and the other was 3A fast acting. my dumb ass asked them if it was possible to use the fast acting even tho slo blo is what's recommended and they said "yes you can, it's probably better to do it that way anyways bc a slo blo would have it burn out over a long period of time." and i double checked with them to make sure i could use the fast acting instead of the slo blo.

get home and put it in, turn the amp on. it's on!!! standby for a few minutes, flip it to play and POP!! it blew....

so i guess i gotta use slo blo?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I'd try to get an exact replacement of what you had before. Fuses aren't something you should mess with a whole lot imo. If you get the right kind and it still blows, take it to a tech.
not immediately, just when i switched it from standby to play
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Usually the fuse that goes in an amp is a surge protector, which has to be a slow blow or time delay fuse.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thank you mr. seagull. i wish i woulda gone with my initial instinct instead of listening to those guys....

anyone know if Lowes or Home Depot usually carry a wide variety of fuses? i hate to spend even more money on fuses but it's a necessity now! lol. if not then i guess i'll call the guitar shop and see if they got some
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH