i heard that there's a program that tabs songs while they play from mp3 or wma or other audio formats. is this true and does anyone know the name for it as im tryin to tab the harmonised tapping part of thin lizzy's cold sweat and just cant figure it out.

or if anyone know that tab plz post it for me.

thanks
wow that sounds sick
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I highly doubt that is true. I don't think we have that kind of technology yet, if we did.. the age of buying tab books and musical scores would be over. And since it's not.. I can only assume this doesn't exist.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
crap then..

well then does anyone know what that harmonised part is and could you please post it for me as i would be very grateful
try easychords0.95 for winamp. I havent gotten it to work very well yet but I haven't messed around with it very much yet.
They are lame programs.
There is one (that I can't think of the name at the moment) where you play the mp3 and it gives you the wave form, you then select the bit you want to know and it will attempt to break it down for you in note form.
They're really not very good programs though because they easily get muddled up with guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. So you eventually end up with chords all over the place and hundreds of eroneous notes.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The easychords 0.95 seems ok for basic, easy songs. As far as I know it only works with WINAMP. I messed with it a little bit today, it took me a while to get the hang of it but once I did it worked ok. You can choose what instrument you want to use and it only lets you pick one so there wasnt any confusion with chords. Its not a great program but it has potential if they put some work into it. I'd like to try some others but this is the only one I've found so far. The hardest part for me was figuring out that I had to make a playlist and then use the "playlist editor" to open and play the song (top right hand side on my winamp screen) and the editor is not clearly identified. If you need help figuring the program out let me know I'll help if I can. If anyone knows of any others like this please post them so we can get a comparison.