Hi, I just started playing bass alittle while ago and I was looking for some help on amp settings. I play a Squier Jazz Bass and just have a small practice peavy amp. It has two channels, vintage and modern. Anyways I was looking on some help on where to set my tone and gain and what not. Im looking for a deep funky sound. Reminicient of some RCHP Any help would be great! Thanks!
how about getting a better bass and amp?
Originally Posted by timi_hendrix
Gibsons are pure crap, they're made of plywood and don't even have real pickups. Just sponges with silver paint on them and a small spanish man named Pepé inside squealing.
Go on modern
set it to these settings
Bass 9
treb 3
mid 7
presence 1
if theres a gain know put it at the setting were theres no overdrive or anything like that
and you should try that out
very good for RCHP
My avitar is the front of my bass
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
Quote by Judge_David

*reported*

Not only does this not contribute to the thread, you misspelled avatar and you have a white on white p bass

Now depending on where your mid frequency is located, you'll be best with some, but not a lot of them.
Quote by Judge_David

your username has also been warned.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!