I'm not sure exactly which forum this goes in, so I apologize if this is the wrong one.

Anyway, I'm playing a Schecter Gryphon through a Roland Cube. I have a Boss MT-2, and I like the sustain and rhythm tones I get out of it, however I can't seem to get a lead tone that I'm satisfied with, or like as much as my lead tone without the pedal. The tone with the pedal is thin, no matter what I do, and I want a thicker, more liquidy lead tone, kind of like Dark Tranquillity, Darkest Hour, or Dethklok (on Thunderhorse).

Does anyone know a good setting for this? Without the pedal, I generally just have treble on 10, bass on 5, and mid on 5, and play through my neck pickup, and it gives me a great sound, especially on sweeps, that I can't get with the pedal, but I'd like more sustain.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
ok drop ur mids to about 3 and up your bass to 7
its gunna give you a nice lead tone
please let me know what pedals ur using too
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']ok drop ur mids to about 3 and up your bass to 7
its gunna give you a nice lead tone
please let me know what pedals ur using too
no don't if your gigging or jamming. if you do that you will get lost in the mix of everything.
the MT-2 doesnt quite cut it tonewise.
Theres your problem.
Also, EQ your amp differently.

High; 8
Mid; 6
Bass; 8

wont give you such an extreme sound. Lots of people prefer that. Its less 'super hardcore death metal' or whatever but its just a sound thats easier to listen to.

Keep in mind that youll probably never get really close to the sound you want from those bands cos theyre all using high gain valve/tube amps.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I have a Boss MT-2,

Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
I have a Boss MT-2 and NS-2, and a Digitech Death Metal pedal.

And there's a settings thread?... That, uh, that sounds pretty... appropriate for this question... heh heh...

Guess I should go there...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Also, try using a compressor on leads to make your signal more unified and have it come out of the mix... unless you're just in a home practice setting... then see that other thread
Quote by ortrigger
no don't if your gigging or jamming. if you do that you will get lost in the mix of everything.

yeah i didnt mention ,
while live due to the obvious conditions of the mix
in that cindision
bass 7
mids 6 or 5 1/2
treb 10
oh and by they way these are the amp

for the pedal do this
bass 4
mids 7
mis frequency 5 1/2
treb 10
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']u cant say mch u have a spider III on your list as if that bhad good tone =P

It doesn't have very good tone, no, but you can get a hughe option of crappy tones out of it. (It was all i could afford after I got my guitar, and I'm looking to upgrade to a marshal or Randall soon :P)
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by .Jamison
It doesn't have very good tone, no, but you can get a hughe option of crappy tones out of it. (It was all i could afford after I got my guitar, and I'm looking to upgrade to a marshal or Randall soon :P)

good for u man im getting a randall half stack soon
i have a crate 120 right now
but i use pedals for everything pretty much