Well, im in 8th grade, and i actually just started playing the guitar. -_-
( I just learned the 1st solo for Knocking on Heaven's door, The River, and the solo for Gunslinger )
i play a lot, and i have a lot of fun while doing it lol.
I dunno much about theory, and people tell me I can take it at high school.
( i dont really get the lessons here. )
i just think that it would be easier if a teacher actually taught me.
should i wait a little bit to learn about it, or should I do absolutely everything i can to understand it.
Learn theory and learn it well, it will make you a more flexible player in the long run. If you can afford to get a teacher then I would advise you get a theory teacher at least if not a full-on guitar teacher.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
im in 8th, too and i know a little about music theory from taking band, and if you can take anything musical, it helps but not alot.
yeah just get a good teacher and he/she will teach you about theory and stuff. probably the best way to learn it.
i cant get a teacher right now, but i can learn it in high school.
hopefully i can anyways.. =)
Quote by 0 RevolveR 0
i cant get a teacher right now, but i can learn it in high school.
hopefully i can anyways.. =)

Well if you can then pay attention, I didn't and now I regret it a bit because I can't read sheet music.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.