ive been playing for a few months now so i guess i better start learning scales. i chose the pentatonic minor scales. im going to be using this to learn the different patterns but i just wanted to make sure they're correct. (don't want to learn incorrect stuff)

http://bluechainlightning.net/pentatonic/PentaMapMinRoot.jpg

i don't know anything about this website or anything, just searched up the image. thats why i dont know if its right or not. is it?
Yes, that's correct but word to the wise: don't just learn shapes, try to learn intervals and note names if you can, it will help with learning other scales and jamming with other people later on.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thanks, and yeah, i was plannning on memorizing the note names. i though it would be important. but what exactly are intervals? ive heard stuff like "minor 3rd" and "major 2nd" and stuff like that. those are intervals right? do you know a website where i can learn more?
The lessons here on UG are pretty good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by guitaristx11
thanks, and yeah, i was plannning on memorizing the note names. i though it would be important. but what exactly are intervals? ive heard stuff like "minor 3rd" and "major 2nd" and stuff like that. those are intervals right? do you know a website where i can learn more?

First of all, I am still new at this myself, but from what I've gathered, an interval is just the distance between two notes. Don't take my word for it though. Hopefully someone will be along to elaborate on it.