I first came across this band last summmer and from the first time I heard them I loved them. They are like nothing I have ever heard before. the only thing that may possibly hinder they're success is that singer James allan sings in a broad scottish accent which I think people in england and the u.s might have some trouble getting to grips with. Saw them Live twice. once at club de mar in ayr and the other at the legendary barrowland supporting the wombats. in my view the wombats should have been supporting glasvagas as they are ****e. If anyone else has heard the singles or saw them live let me know what you think. I dont think I'm alone in thinking that this band has the potential to emulate the success of bands such as the smiths or oasis.
Quote by smokingmojo
I first came across this band last summmer and from the first time I heard them I loved them. They are like nothing I have ever heard before. the only thing that may possibly hinder they're success is that singer James allan sings in a broad scottish accent which I think people in england and the u.s might have some trouble getting to grips with. Saw them Live twice. once at club de mar in ayr and the other at the legendary barrowland supporting the wombats. in my view the wombats should have been supporting glasvagas as they are ****e. If anyone else has heard the singles or saw them live let me know what you think. I dont think I'm alone in thinking that this band has the potential to emulate the success of bands such as the smiths or oasis.

Never heard them, been meaning to check em out though. The scottish accent aint really stopped the View or Biffy. I can't see it being a problem.
Bass Player
I've heard their 2 singles "It's My Own Cheating hear That makes me cry" and "Daddy's Gone" and yeah, I totally agree with you. It takes you back to the 50s or 60s almost when Phil Spektor had that "wall of sound" thing. I like how he sings and his accent is awesome. makes me wish i were Scottish or British.
I see what you saying about the accent thing and that is my fault. the view and biffy do sing in accents but dont tend to use scottish slang. glasvegas use alot of slang and terminology that only people from scotland may understand. in the song flowers and football tops they make references to the "polis" (police) and "fitba taps (football tops) if I wasn't scottish I'd have trouble understanding them. I dont want them to change this though. They are a band that I can relate to due to the language and terms they use and are compeletely different to anybody else. Its refresshing to hear an accent like my own than to listen to the english bands over exagerate they accents. (that wasn't an anti-english comment by the way)
Saw them on jools holland yesterday, can't say I was impressed. Harsh tone and mountains of reverb just didn't do it for me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is