so i'v been looking at some guitars online, and went to guitar center and sam ash today, and neither store had any of them

how am i supposed to know how the guitar is going to feel if i cant play it first, i have played models that are "supposed" to be similar to them but that really isnt reliable enough

the only thing i thought of was to buy the guitar from like musicians friend and give it back if i dont like it and get credit to buy a new guitar

suggestions please!!!! i have a show on april 17th and my guitar i have now isnt working well
my guitars
Esp LTD H500 with duncans
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
johnson (crappy strat. knock off starter guitar)
i was looking at - jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
- ESP LTD H-500
- ESP MH-400NT

i have a schecter C1 plus now, and want a guitar with a similar feel which means i mainly want a guitar with a similar shape, no tremelo system, similar sound, and a neck that has that kind of shiny finish on the back part of the neck. i play hardcore/metal music mostly
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Last edited by andy3391 at Mar 17, 2008,
If you are only going to have one playable guitar I wouldn't order online. Go try some out. I would only take the risk if I already had a servicable instrument.
Quote by andy3391
so i'v been looking at some guitars online, and went to guitar center and sam ash today, and neither store had any of them
That happens. Stores can't stock everything.

Quote by andy3391
how am i supposed to know how the guitar is going to feel if i cant play it first, i have played models that are "supposed" to be similar to them but that really isnt reliable enough
You're right. It isn't. Buying a guitar online is difficult enough if you know what to expect. Then the only question is: Is the guitar you received straight, and setup properly.

Quote by andy3391
the only thing i thought of was to buy the guitar from like musicians friend and give it back if i dont like it and get credit to buy a new guitar
Bad plan, really. How many different guitars would you have to go through to find one that's what you want. And you'll have to pay for shipping each time, and maybe a restocking fee.

Quote by andy3391
suggestions please!!!! i have a show on april 17th and my guitar i have now isnt working well
I suggest instead of a purchase, a few adjustment. Start with your priorities.

Quote by andy3391
i have a schecter C1 plus now, and want a guitar with a similar feel which means i mainly want a guitar with a similar shape, no tremelo system, similar sound, and a neck that has that kind of shiny finish on the back part of the neck. i play hardcore/metal music mostly
So it sounds like you were quite happy with your Schecter. That's not surprising. They're great guitars. But yours isn't working well, right now.

Take your Schecter to a guitar tech
, and have whatever is wrong repaired. While your at it, have them do a complete set up, including fret truing, dressing and polishing. It will play much better than any guitar you will buy, straight from a store.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well heres my opinion. Jacksons are only really good if you get an american made one (and im not an elitist or anything, thats just my opinion) The two ltd's are both good. As you can tell I have an h-500 and was actually contemplating the mh400 as well. They play very similar but I preferred the H series. I have the one with Duncans, it plays like a dream. No one believes me that I only spent $600 or whatever it was. The one thing I like about the MH is the headstock. It looks so bada**
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Quote by Monte720
Well heres my opinion. Jacksons are only really good if you get an american made one (and im not an elitist or anything, thats just my opinion) The two ltd's are both good. As you can tell I have an h-500 and was actually contemplating the mh400 as well. They play very similar but I preferred the H series. I have the one with Duncans, it plays like a dream. No one believes me that I only spent $600 or whatever it was. The one thing I like about the MH is the headstock. It looks so bada**

finally some1 with the H-500 lol, is the paint on the h-500 darker than in the pictures or is bright orange like how it shows up in pictures, is the back of the neck glossy like i was talking about? its a minor detail but i'd prefer it
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Quote by andy3391
finally some1 with the H-500 lol, is the paint on the h-500 darker than in the pictures or is bright orange like how it shows up in pictures, is the back of the neck glossy like i was talking about? its a minor detail but i'd prefer it

lol DO NOT go by the pics. I agree with you that they look very orange. Its not that bright. And yes the back of the neck is finished in the same color as the guitar (glossy)
Gear:
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Quote by Monte720
lol DO NOT go by the pics. I agree with you that they look very orange. Its not that bright. And yes the back of the neck is finished in the same color as the guitar (glossy)

alright cool, i'm still not sure if i'm going 2 get the 1 with orange and duncans, or tras black with emg's

i know duncuns are pretty versatile,

but are emg's do linear? are they only good for metal, or will be able to jam and play some chill stuff as well?
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Well, EMG's are superior for metal. I mean, they can do other things ok, not great. I have a guitar with EMG's as well. Its not only for metal, but thats what it does best. The duncans handle metal very well too, however, and I get some killer clean tones out of them and low gain lead stuff sounds so smooth on the neck pup. I cant ever decide which I like better. They are both good but if you also spend a lot of time jamming and want some killer alternate tones, i would recommend the duncans.

But then again, you could do some tinkering and get good tones out of the EMG's. AArgh it drives me crazy lol
Gear:
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Quote by richgray5
if you cant play them, you choose by how cool the pictures look

indeed
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by richgray5
if you cant play them, you choose by how cool the pictures look

lol, i cant find a local shop that carries the guitar so there is no way i can see it or play it, i just wanted a second opinion on if the picture online is an accurate representation of how it looks in real life.

it doesnt even make sense to buy it if i cant test it out first
my guitars
schecter C1+ (electric)
martin DX1 (acoustic)
Last edited by andy3391 at Mar 17, 2008,
Ill make it easy for you. Either guitar is going to be amazing. They are very similar. The MH just combines the M and the H series (Pretty much) Body of an H and headstock of an M. Either way, you will be very satisfied.
Gear:
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

there is no neck like a jackson. nobody is allowed to make a neck like a jackson neck so the only way to tell if you will like it is to try it out. also out of all of the guitars you listed i would go with the jackson dk-2.
when i bought my jackson, i wanted a schecter C-1 artist, but thet didnt have it so i wasnt gonna buy a guitar i couldnt play. either settle,or find sumthing u wouldnt expect to buy.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112